What IF

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ruffian

Reaction score
What IF AMHA and AMHR and CONGRESS got together and picked 3 suitable locations, Such as Tulsa, Columbus OH, and Denver, Co, for instance, to rotate the 3 shows? Then contracts could be finalized and every show could be rotated? The Venues would be booked as needed years ahead of the events and everybody could get a chance to get a little closer at least every 3 years.

IMHO, Columbus OH comes no where near the facilities at Tulsa and I don't know anything about CO. AMHR is the biggest and I would think could afford the differences in prices easier than AMHA or Congress. They are all about the same distance for me so I don't factor that in (for me). I just don't think that you'd EVER get the 3 to work together.

I just don't think it will work. I think if we rotated them the shows will loose money. Just for example Congress financially the show is not doing well and it doesn't have a pernament location. Maybe thats the reason why I don't know, I don't show at Congress. I know AMHA Worlds used to rotate so what was their reason why they chose TX as their pernament location? Nationals financially is doing well, alot of the exhibitors live there the majority down in TX. Would people still go to Nationals if it moved I'm sure there would be but you would lose people also. Also with Nationals having 1500+ horses each year your going to have to find the facilities to be able to hold all those horses.

I can see Nationals and Congress get together to possibly help the Congress show but I don't see AMHA getting together, they are their own registry.

In a perfect world...
default_smile.png

Personally I live on the East coast on the Potomac River, it takes us two full days to get to Nationals, we want to go again this year, but, I swear if I go I'm going to take three days to drive there. It is exhausting driving it in just two. I like the Tulsa facility, and it is in the middle of the country, well mostly. This is just my opinion, but, what if AMHA booked the same Tulsa facility right after Nationals for their World show? It would sure save us all some gas and make for an awesome show allaround. We wouldn't have to move our campers or haul cross country twice. What I would really like to see is AMHA either alternate the Reagional Shows or at least put them more in the middle of each region. Right now Eastern REgionals are always in Ohio, with the exception of one year in N.C. Maybe some where in the middle like Virginia Horse Center, or Kentucky instead of always up North.
default_yes.gif
default_yes.gif
default_yes.gif

It would be perfect, but I doubt it would ever happen. If nationals were in ohio, I would go every year it was held there. As far as the facility, it doesnt bother me. That's where AQHA holds congress.

I think the national level shows should be held in the center of the states (the geographic center is in Kansas, I think) so Oklahoma and Texas are good choices (Texas a little far south, but somewhat central to both coasts). If too far east or west, it discourages the other half of the country from travelling and is really hard on the horses to go that distance.

I am on the west coast (southern CA) and don't mind going to Oklahoma... but Ohio is WAY far. I'd be more tempted to only go to whatever show was near my coast, rather than go every year, if it rotated, and I don't think that's best for the Registry.

Andrea

Logistically not feasible. A facility wants a continuing contract for the same time frame from one year to the next in order to get the best rates. This would mean....as in the case of Tulsa....that one year they would have to kick out a big Arab or AQHA or Paint show to accommodate Shetland Congress which is held in August.....and the next year it would conflict with the Oklahoma State Fair in order to accommodate the AMHA World which is held in October. Not going to happen.

Latest posts

Back