What do you think ?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LMminis

Reaction score
Hi!

3 weeks ago and called up my ex boyfriends mom to see how she was doing and started working for her a while with her arabians and things are going quiet well!! I started two of her arab mares to ride and then on sat I showed three arabs, a three month old colt and his mother and then a 3 year old mare... and in the first class I took a first with the 3 month old colt and then I went champion with the colt then I showed his cranky CRANKY mom and got a fourth because she refused to hold still with out her baby and kelpt hitting me with her nose but a fourth out of a class of 8 isn't bad at all considering she just refused to set up for me... then with the three year old mare (I really really like this mare) I did showmanship with her and got a first :aktion033: Anyway they have this open breed halter and I have this unreg colt that I rescued back in april and I had been wanting to show him but I hadn't found a place to show a Unreg mini and I thought well since I HAVE to be at the show next month because marj wouldn't have anyone else to show her mares that I might play around and see how he does... its really an arabian show... but since they have the open breed halter... wouldn't hurt to give it a try...

So anyway 4 weeks till the show and I am wondering if I could have scotch ready in time... it's not like a major huge show or anything... what do you think ?

this is him straight from the pasture no conditioning what so ever

Scotchtrot3.jpg

ac1.jpg

scotchneckshot.jpg

scotch49.jpg

scotch9.jpg

I would also need a show name for my colt... His barn name is Butterscotch...
default_wub.png
: it'd have to start with LA... Any ideas ? hes VERY sweet and is soo willing today I was throwing blankets on and off him trying them on to see what fits best and he stood perfect and was really trusting me and everything ( hes come alooong way from when I found him huddled in a small herd of minis in the cold icy rain back in march/april with no shetler or anything and very wild ) even though he'd never even see a blanket in his life nor had I ever tried to put one on him before then I walked him around a little bit with it on and he did really great! he's just a doll! and hes 28" at the moment tempted to hardship him when hes old enough if he does well at these small shows... he doesn't have any papers at all but still no reason why he can't show!

he's JUST now a yearling.. but what do you guys think about his confomation ? (in the last picture hes standing on tree roots and stuff)

he stands tied great with clippers or fly spray and blankets and lunging free or on the rope sets up really well and he used to trot in hand up untill I decided I wanted to show him :eek: now hes being a bit stubborn.... Hows the best way to get butterscotch trotting in hand again ?

Thanks!

Leeanna

WOW never met anyone with my name before lol. Hello and welcome, i see this is your first post!

He is cute
default_smile.png

He has a weak hip, neck comes out low, decent length of neck (especially in the 3rd picture). His head looks pretty good. He tummy could use some tucking, the hip is really the only thing that i would work on. It may also just be how he is built in the back end. Topline could use a little improvement, but its pretty good for a young horse. Looks like he is toeing straight and the hocks are straight. He may also be over at the knees but then agian he does look pretty long on the hooves in the front and standing awkwardly there. Cute little ears on a cute little fella.

Also, i'd have his hooves trimmed before the show as well
default_smile.png
. He is a nice mover too
default_wink.png
:

Goodluck!!!
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
They are trimmed... they got trimmed last week... hes always been done on time every time since i got him and of course they will need it by the time the show comes around but that there is as short as his hoofs can get! they look long but their not really... and in that last picture hes standing on tree roots so it makes them look weird...
default_yes.gif
: his hip is flabb but he hasn't been worked either... I will post improvement pictures... and in that fourth one he was actually about to pick up the front leg that was out more making it look over at the knees but he does have very straight front and back legs! sorry for my horrible picture taking...

Heres a closer up picture of his hooves (he was resting the one back leg its not cow hocked or anything) LOL it's not the first time i'v been asked if he needs to be trimmed :eek:

scotch0.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Even with the new picture I'd agree he's a bit over at the knees. I think he'd make a cute show gelding, though. He's got a plain but expressive face, neck is a good length but set on a little too low, length of back is good and shoulder looks good, he's got a weak hip with a low tailset (not from lack of conditioning), and he's too straight in the stifles. I love his color, he's really flashy!

Andrea

I agree you need to talk hard at your farrier.

The feet are too long and it will throw him off balance.

I think he could make a fun show gelding, and agree about his feet (way too long). I do like his color as well. His neck ties in low, but the length of it is nice. I think when he's old enough, he will look neat driving w/ those white feet
default_yes.gif
:

Latest posts

Back