What do use for bait?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J&HMinis

Reaction score
Right now I use a cat crinkle toy, treats, hay or grass. I've tried peppermint candies and the crinkle wrapper..... They all work pretty good, however my horses are "used" to them now and I don't get as much response with them.

What do you all use?

The things you use are pretty much what I can think to use, too. Just one idea in case it helps. I do not practice setting up or getting them to "show" much at all, especially after they've learned to set up (young ones). I think if you practice too much, then you "use up" the ears and pretty face that you could save up more for the ring.

The one treat that all mine seem to like the most are these little peppermint cookies I get from TSC. They come in all flavors, but they all go nuts for the peppermint ones.

Start To Finish Treats @ Tractor Supply
5078294.jpg

most show horses are not on green grass so green grass is usually the ultimate bait. we pick it at the show grounds and put rubber bands around it.

Triple, the little darling, was baiting for the lid of my peppermint can last weekend. A METAL can lid! Guess he could see himself in it!

Latest posts

Back