What colors IS he?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MiniCooper

Reaction score
Okay. I thought I had a white mini. I have been working on shedding him out and the last two days have finally been BEAUTIFUL here. I gave him a bath today, so I can maybe think about clipping him.

WELL.....the spots I thought were dirt, were...well,spots.
default_doh.gif

But really light ones. The hairs are black. He has some that look like freckles on his face, freckles on his rump, and a few very small, faint spots on his body. It looks like what I have seen on appys... but the colors are reversed. He has some black hair mixed in his mane and tail.

Does this make him an appy?

But he doesn't have the appy markings around his eyes,muzzle,etc.

I'm confused......
default_wacko.png
default_wacko.png

It's hard to say really, without seeing pictures, but if he is the one in your avatar, he looks true grey, and they can have flecking that are sometimes mistaken for appy spots.

To show you what I am referring to, here is a stallion I used to own. He was sold to me as being an appaloosa. It was after I got him here that I found he was not at all an appaloosa, but a true grey with that flecking...it's like flea bitten, only in larger spots here and there.

jazz.jpg

jazzfield.jpg

Greys are a bit weird. With a horse of almost any other color, the hair on scars often grows in white. On greys, it's like the pigment-producing cells "reset," and scars can grow in dark. I once knew a grey that almost looked like someone had gone after him with a can of black spray paint (he'd had a rough life.) I don't know, those marks may fade out in time.

He is Ramseys Bambie. He is a son of Powels Shah Jehan. I called him "Jazz" as I never had the heart to call a mature stallion "Bambie"!
default_laugh.png
From me, he went to Jodie French, and since then, has gone to Buckon Ranch, Lucky Hart, Woodstock North, and then the last I saw I believe he was in Montana, or Utah or somewhere out that way.

He was a VERY sweet, beautiful boy. The only reason I sold him was because I hated seeing my beautiful colored babies fade to white.
default_sad.png
I do love true greys though!

Latest posts

Back