What color do you think his mane and forlock actually are? He's bleached out and I don't know how t

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laura Leopard

Reaction score
It's a rough clip and I did leave his ears fuzzy so they won't turn into popsicles.

P1000137.jpg

P1000149.jpg

P1000133.jpg

P1000153.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice head, hard to comment on the neck since it is not fully clipped. But neck looks like it will be nice. Overall, nice looking horse
default_thumbup.gif
Thanks, I know we still have several cold snaps before we get to more permanantly warm weather, but I just had to have a peek!
default_wub.png

He looks great! He's got a little niece here (Piper, by Destiny) and I think she may be colored a lot like her uncle when she grows up!!! My hunch is when you ask him for his neck, it will be a mile long
default_wub.png

He looks great! He's got a little niece here (Piper, by Destiny) and I think she may be colored a lot like her uncle when she grows up!!! My hunch is when you ask him for his neck, it will be a mile long
default_wub.png

I saw pics of your new baby. She is so beautiful. Congrats!!

Very nice .. i think he has a nice length of neck but hard to see when he is only half clipped
default_unsure.png
.. good luck with him , he is very nice.

Great looking guy!!

I'm very envious of you, I can't see they ground under all the snow, let alone think about doing any clipping!

Great looking guy!! I'm very envious of you, I can't see they ground under all the snow, let alone think about doing any clipping!
If it's any consilation, I'll be envious of you when we start having those 90 degree humid summer days. I guess it's a trade off.

Laura

Nice little buckskin! Will you be driving him? He looks like he's got the build for it! Wouldn't he look nice in harness?

Nice little buckskin! Will you be driving him? He looks like he's got the build for it! Wouldn't he look nice in harness?

He will definitely be driving after he turns 3. He'll be two in March, so we have a year to work on that. I think he'll be a good jumper too, so he's going to be my all around horse.

Oh I want to peak so bad haha. Still going to get a little chillier hear so I have to wait
default_sad.png
. Nice boy!! be sure to share when hes all done!

I would think that his mane and forelock would be a very dark brown or else black since he is a buckskin but it his hard to see the base color in the picture. You should part his mane down the middle and look at the color of the roots to see if it is more brown or black.

I would say that will always be the color of his mane, he looks to be a silver buckskin? I had a silver buckskin mare, and her mane & tail were always that color.

Latest posts

Back