Went to a concert yesterday!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KanoasDestiny

Reaction score
Saw Billy Idol perform and he is coming to a city near you. HAHA. He performed in Vegas on Friday night and at the Del Mar Racetracks yesterday (where I saw him). I have to admit, I'm not a HUGE fan, but my mom has always loved him. I remember since when I was 6 or 7, her saying she wants to see him in person someday. So since her birthday was Friday, we took her to see him yesterday (didn't know about Vegas until it was too late).

It so sucked!!! We started out 40 feet from the stage, but everyone started crowding us and we were afraid they would spill their beer on us, so we didn't last there too long. My mom and I are only 5'2", so we had these 6' guys right infront of us. It took us a good 5 minutes to even catch a glimpse of Billy, and that was only because one of the guys had moved his head to the side. After a couple more peeks, we squeezed our way to the back of the crowd. There must have been between 10,000-15,000 people there. It was SO crowded, but we got better views of Billy from the back, then we did 40 feet away.
default_rolleyes.gif
: They had a huge screen up, for the people who weren't in the crowd, so we watched that for a while. He is 50 years old, and still has the energy he did in the 80's. He sounds really good live too, he sang the classics "White Wedding", "Mony Mony", "Rebel Yell", and his new remark of "In the Summertime". It definately made her day to finally see him, so that is all that matters.

We didn't get too great of pics because I have a cheap digital, but these are a few of the first 5 minutes of the show.

BillyIdol1.jpg

BillyIdol2.jpg

BillyIdol3.jpg

BillyIdol4.jpg

billyidol5.jpg

billyidol6.jpg

billyidol7.jpg

Sounds like a lot of fun - I did not know he is still perfoming! I saw him YEARS ago at Irvine Meadows! :lol:

A few weeks ago on TV I caught part of The Wedding Singer - did you ever see that? Billy Idol has a small part in it!
default_yes.gif
:

Liz R.

Yep, I told my mom (while I was watching Billy Idol perform) that the only thing that came to mind was Adam Sandler.
default_yes.gif
: I love that movie.

Latest posts

Back