Weather and New Dogs

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MiniHGal

Reaction score
I just put those two together to make posting easier, the weather had no effect on the new dogs, or the other way around. I haven't been on for a while, so haven't caught up on really anything.

When I went home for winter break, I found some NASTY storms(all the stuff moving down from N CA) waiting for me during the second week. We also got a couple of new dogs.

So, the weather:

Not sure if that is a hand or a mouth...

f0b1a4ed.jpg

The storms coming on at sunset made for some gorgeous shots! I tried...but sometimes the camera and I don't agree.

f0b1a4e9.jpg

f0b1a4e7.jpg

f0b1a4e5.jpg

And of course, the horse's dirt pasture had many mudholes. We even had a flood warning in effect for a while. Fortunately, most of it was fairly dry, but this one part(horse rolling spot) was pretty flooded. Made for some pretty colors.

f0b1a4ea.jpg

And the dogs. These are Seven and Nine(Seven of Nine for you Trekkies), about 1 and a half year old full sister Great Danes. They came with the names Mia and Nitza, but as they didn't respond to their names, we just renamed them. I don't know if they are reg'd(think they are) but it doesn't matter; they are also already spayed.

f0b19280.jpg

Can you see why "seven" is "seven"?

f0b1927d.jpg

Watching me tack up Gabriel. The third is Stoli, another Great Dane. They are very good around horses, no bites, no barks, no harassing, though they haven't been allowed much time around the minis(and won't until we know them better). They also discovered the joys of horse poop....
default_rolleyes.gif
:

f0b1927b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Those dogs are gorgeous!! What shiny coats, did they come like that??

The weather is outlandish, isn't it?? This seems almost to be world wide- we have had no Winter to speak of at all. That last weather picture looks like something out of "Gone with the Wind"!!

Beautiful photos! And your beautiful dogs look like just fun kids! We had a 'Worf' (sp?) in our litter of Goldens many years back. I sure miss the N.G. series.

Ooooh- I love storm pictures. You got some pretty good shots. Thanks for sharing them

The dogs are really handsome. Did you adopt them from a great dane rescue?

Wow those sky pictures are beautiful but scary looking at the same time. Your new girls are beautiful and fit right in with the other one.

What shiny coats, did they come like that??The weather is outlandish, isn't it?? This seems almost to be world wide- we have had no Winter to speak of at all. That last weather picture looks like something out of "Gone with the Wind"!!
Yep, they came like that...they'll start filling out now that they have more room to run, too.

The dogs are really handsome. Did you adopt them from a great dane rescue?
Nope...some people weren't able to keep them, and my dad heard about them. Next thing you know, we have two more dogs! Not sure why our dog population is so heavily Great Dane right now, but they are all 'giveaways', we didn't go searching for new dogs. Hopefully, a Dobe will come to us at some point; this is the first time that we haven't had a Dobe in a very long time.
default_yes.gif
:

Thanks for the comments!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back