We recieved this email back..

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

_minihorses4ever_

Reaction score
Yesterday I posted a question about a suspicious auction on eBay. We recieved this back after we asked the seller a few questions (We had asked them the questions 2 nights ago..). Scam, right? Is there anyway I can report it?

We are located in Chicago IL,

It is in a verry good condition without any damages or dents.

The buy it now price is $2,900 including delivery to your address.

We value all buyers and i hope that you are pleased about our price , plus we think about your protection so that`s why we will do the deal under ebay , any taxes and fees involved will be paid by us .

The deal will be made under eBay`s Vehicle Purchase Protection Program which covers buyers who have

completed a vehicle transaction on the eBay site for numerous types of deliberate and material misrepresentation by the seller.

The protection program provides coverage for situations such as:

1. Paying for a vehicle and never receiving it.

2. Sending a deposit for a vehicle and never receiving the vehicle.

3. Paying for and receiving a vehicle:

- with undisclosed damage, provided the cost of repair exceeds a minimum amount.

- of a make and/or model that is different than what was described in the seller's listing.

For payment we will use Western Union only after we will conclude a safe transaction under ebay .

You only need to reply us with this details for the shipping:

First Name: ...

Last name: ...

Address: ...

City: ...

State: ...

Zip: ...

We will contact ebay as soon as we receive the info. Shortly you'll receive an invoice from ebay.

You must read carefully the invoice and there you will have all instructions about payment and shipping.

Thank You

Waiting for your email......

My advice is not to do an ebay transaction with Western Union. There is nothing wrong with Western Union, but scam sellers are notorious for using it. If the seller won't take paypal or a money order or a personal check, with the option to wait for it to clear, or a cashiers check, I would not consider him legitimate. Why does he need to know so much about you before the ebay deal is made?

Marsha

My advice is not to do an ebay transaction with Western Union. There is nothing wrong with Western Union, but scam sellers are notorious for using it. If the seller won't take paypal or a money order or a personal check, with the option to wait for it to clear, or a cashiers check, I would not consider him legitimate. Why does he need to know so much about you before the ebay deal is made?

Marsha
That's why I am so suspicious. Thanks for answering. You've helped a lot!
default_yes.gif
:

They are scammers, I thought eBay shut them down. I had contacted them a few weeks ago about a trailer, but it was a trailer that I had been watching owned by someone in Texas. I contacted the real owner and aBay and I thought they were shut down. Contact eBay, I told them my father was on his way to Chicago (he's a truck driver) and would like to look at it. That was the last they contacted me. :no:

I am in the market for a trailer too. and have been watching ebay.

There seems to be alot of trailers on ebay right now, that i suspect are scams.

I sent an e-mail to a seller about this one very nice trailer...

and the response i got was that this seller lives in London, UK, but stores his trailer in a ebay warehouse in kansas City Mo. (yeah right)

So all i need to do is pay them $3,000 (for a $8,000 trailer) and they will ship the trailer to my house for free.

And if i am not happy with the trailer, they will refund my money. (yeah right)

Anyway, the bottom line is..."if it seems too good to be true, it probably is"

I am in the market for a trailer too. and have been watching ebay.

There seems to be alot of trailers on ebay right now, that i suspect are scams.

I sent an e-mail to a seller about this one very nice trailer...

and the response i got was that this seller lives in London, UK, but stores his trailer in a ebay warehouse in kansas City Mo. (yeah right)

So all i need to do is pay them $3,000 (for a $8,000 trailer) and they will ship the trailer to my house for free.

And if i am not happy with the trailer, they will refund my money. (yeah right)

Anyway, the bottom line is..."if it seems too good to be true, it probably is"

I can't believe they are still doing this!! This is a SCAM!!! I checked into it a year ago and reported it--you're right, it's too good to be true!

Plus they tell you that they will take care of all taxes???? That is baloney!!

When you go to your local DMV to register the trailer, you will have to pay sales tax there.

Latest posts

Back