Want to register my Mini

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kkay3702

Reaction score
Ok i posted about this before but had the wrong sire and the grand dam because I read the pedigree really quick, now that I have the breeding certificate in front of me these are his parents:

Sire: Hobby Horses Roan Ranger

Dam: Badgers Easter Lily

I'm pretty sure his dam is registered but I only have a copy of her temporary certificate of registration (# A 71825)

I don't know if his sire is? Is there a way to look it up? I really want to get this guy in shows, sigh I think I'm getting hooked into the mini world
default_wub.png

BADGERS EASTER LILLY A 71825 04/24/1995 M RNB - - 33.500

SIRE COPPER BEECH FARMS BAY FIRE A 28566 SGL PQ - 29.750

DAM OCALAS GRAY LADY R 03864T SGR - - 33.500

BRDR C E MACGREGOR & R CRISPINO

OWNR LINDA D. KIMBALL LADY K RANCH

HOBBY HORSES ROAN RANGER I 00858 06/01/1976 S RNB DN - 30.000

SIRE DIABLO I 00441B SBK - - 32.500

DAM MORGANA UNREG. - - - 30.500

BRDR UNKNOWN

OWNR MICHAEL WHITE WHITES MINI HORSE & DONKEY

Here is the info from the AMHA stud book. Both horses are Permanent now with the AMHA. But the dam has not been DNA

Depending on how old your horse is you would need to DNA both dam and your horse to get the papers.

Plus you will need to call the AMHA and find out WHO owned the mare at time of service and who owned the stallion at time of service to sign all the old paperwork. You could also call and see if a stallion report was sent in on your mare bred to that stallion.

I will check amhr and get back to you on that.

Barb

Here is the infor for the AMHR numbers. I will say AMHR is pretty easy to deal with getting papers on an older horse. You will need to contact them and see if a stallion report was sent in her bred to him.

Also the registry can let get you the address and phone of the owners at time of breeding.

If you have any questions feel free to email me privately. I have done this alot with the AMHR. [email protected]

Barb

AMHR

Hobby Horse's Roan Ranger #6037

Sire Diablo #15443

Dam unreg

Badgers Easter Lilly 244279

Sire Copper Beech Farms Bay Fire unreg with amhr

Dam Ocalas Gray Lady unreg with amhr

oh wow thank you!! I'll definitly get in touch with you at some point since I have never done this before and will probably need help, thanks!
default_laugh.png

oh wow thank you!! I'll definitly get in touch with you at some point since I have never done this before and will probably need help, thanks!
default_laugh.png

I had something very similar happen. AMHA was great about helping me out. Good luck!

I have done the AMHA too. It is just it is not as expensive with the AMHR because you dont have to DNA test. ESP if neither sire or dam was done then you end up with three horses and hope that the horses are still alive and you can find them.

I had one horse that I bought that the Stallion report was sent in. All the paperwork was filed out the sire was DNAed but the dam was not. I was unable to find the Dam the last record owner had died and I heard throw the grape vine some of the horses had went to Purto Rico so was unable to locate her.

It looks like she would have to DNA test two horses the dam and her horse.

Barb

I hope you can find the mare and get the DNA, as this would allow you to get papers in both registries and open more avenues for attending a show. You never know which one is in your area.

In case anyone ever needs to know, it was $250. for jawbone/teeth to be used for DNA, CalDavis, for AMHA. That was about 5 yrs ago!.
default_wacko.png
We won't discuss the reasons or how, but it was NOT my horse that passed.

In case anyone ever needs to know, it was $250. for jawbone/teeth to be used for DNA, CalDavis, for AMHA. That was about 5 yrs ago!.
default_wacko.png
We won't discuss the reasons or how, but it was NOT my horse that passed.
I think this brings up an important point that may not apply to anyone on this thread, but does apply to many situations. Many people buy an unregistered horse at a "bargain" price and then want to get it registered. There may be a particular reason why the breeder did not want it registered and added to the gene pool. Buying an unregistered horse and going through the expense and difficulty of getting it registered (either by late fees and DNA or by hardshipping) may well wind up costing more than buying a quality registered horse would have cost to begin with. It also contributes to a decline in the demand for and value of registered horses and an increase in the number of unregistered horses being bred. JMO.

Also unless you bought from the breeder you might find the breeder and they are not willing to sign the paperwork. I sell all my horses with papers because they are good to show owner ship.

Barb

I have Ocala's Grey Lady, Badgers Easter Lilly, and Lilly's daughter Gemma, Mike White's Farm is not too far from here, we are about an hour from you.

The woman I bought Callie & Lilly was divorcing and moving when I bought them. I have no idea were she is now or what her name is presently
default_wacko.png

is the horse you have named "cowboy"? He is the only foal I knew about before I bought them, and would be about 9 years old now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back