Want to color test but for what?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minimule

Reaction score
OK, sire is registered as a White Appaloosa. Dam is registered as Solid Buckskin. Streak (this mare) is registered as a solid Gray? .....I have my doubts!

if she were yours...what would you color test for?

This is her clipped a few years back,

streak01.jpg

This is her last fall when I brought her home all ready starting to get winter coat, not thick but not sleek. Body clipped yesterday and body is all one color right now with darker head/legs. I know she is roan....no question there.

streak03.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
She's pretty, but such an unusual color. I agree roan, but which shade will be tricky. I'd take a stab at bay roan, silver bay roan or silver black roan. If you test for red factor, agouti and silver, you would probably cover most of your bases, unless for some reason you suspect she might have cream (smokey silver black roan). It'll be interesting to see what you find out.

Test for Cream and Agouti.

No need to test for Silver or Roan, as far as I can see.

She has one foal that I know about that is a Classic Amber Champagne. The Champagne came from the sire.

She does have one other foal registered as a solid dun.........not sure about the sire on that one though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back