waiting to see colors!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rockysticksfeatherfarm

Reaction score
I can hardly stand to wait to see what our Appaloosa is going to look like when he sheds! I can see lots of white mixed in his chestnut hair underneath. Is anyone else waiting to see what their little appy will look like?

I don't have an appy, but last year I saw my mini for the first time all shed out (when I bought her in 2011 she was all fluffy). I can NOT wait for her to shed again! I love how she looks in the summer ;)

I tell you I have never purchased a visual appaloosa, that said I have several appaloosa mares....bought as solid or pinto they so change over the years, for sure you never know what you are going to get when they shed in the spring!!

Yes!!!
default_yes.gif
I have a solid bay colt that was born this week. He is the first foal from my pintaloosa stallion and I am really hoping he sheds off with some color! I also bought an appaloosa mare in december so she is fluffy right now...cant wait to see whats under the fluff! (of course I have seen pics of her in summer coat, but ready to see it in person) AND I was out playing with my boy Ferrari today (the pintaloosa stallion) and I noticed some white marks peeking thru lower on his hip than his blanket went last year! Gonna take some pics tomorrow and compare to last summer and last winter's pics! I LOVE watching him go thru his color changes! He goes from black bay in fall/winter coat, to a pretty blue roan color in spring, to a nice rich bay in summer. I also have a silver dapple filly that I am itching to clip. She is the prettiest color and so refined and leggy when she's clipped...but in the winter she looks like a brown wooly yak!

Latest posts

Back