Update on Husband's Surgery yesterday.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RJRMINIS

Reaction score
Well other than keeping the pain under control, so far things are going well, they had to put a block in his shoulder after surgery due to him having so much pain....they removed a good size piece of bone, the doctor said it was very thick, and probably the source of his pain.

I guess when he woke up he had the worst pain he has ever had in his life, he told me he about came off the gurney until they gave him the block.

Then later in recovery he was so out of it for awhile, finally they let us come home, but in the car home he got very sick, thankfully we where prepared.

Once home where he could relax he started to feel better, but so afraid of the pain coming back after the block wore off, but we have been keeping pain meds on board, and so far he is tolerating it.

He really thought it would be like his knee surgeries he has had in the past, and he recovered really fast, but he was in for a rude awakening, they say shoulders are really bad, and that bone pain is the worst.

He is in an immobolizer sling, and we see the Dr. in a week.

Hopefully he is on the road to recovery!

Last edited by a moderator:
I will continue to hold him in our thoughts and prayers. Thanks for being strong for him
default_smile.png

Sorry to hear he is having such a rough time of it.

Hugs and prayers

JJay

Sending prayers for you to be strong and for him to get well!

Joyce

Aww, I'm sorry he's in pain, I know it's tough to watch them hurt, esp. our big, strong men. Bummer, not even a shoulder massage is going to help in this case.

Hope he's through the worst of it, soon.

Best wishes,

Liz M.

I will keep him in my thoughts and prayers. It's hard to keep a good man down. But I believe once they're home they'll gain strength just knowing the familiar loving things around them. Hoping my dad soon will be home as well.....so I know where you're coming from. Glad he's home, and starting the recovery process.

I bet you are so glad this is finally all behind you now, and your hubbie just needs some time to get feeling better. Unfortunately, I am sure he is thinking time is going by rather slow when you are in alot of pain. Hope he gets to feeling better and better with each day..

Lara

Keeping him and you in my prayers. We can understand, my brother had his 5th

major back surgery this past May 19. He is still recovering. They say on him it will be

a year. So praying not the same with the shoulder. I am sure that is very painful. You

use your shoulder so much. Hard to lay too, I bet. Poor hubby. Please keep us updated

on how he is.

Vicky

Glad the surgery part is behind you and it can only get better from here. Prayers continuing from here for speedy recovery.

Latest posts

Back