Unicorn!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

firecoach

Reaction score
My sister just called me and told me that she told a friend of hers that I have a mini unicorn that I could bring to her birthday party. :eek:

Has anyone successfully made the unicorn horn and have it stay? How did you do it? I saw that some one was able to do "Pegasus" but I could not find a unicorn. I guess this is the right time of the year to try to do something with Halloween being not so far away.

Any suggestions are gratefully appreciated!!

Marla

I actually did it to a pony years ago by stuffing a adult size tube sock and running a coat hanger through it for shape. Hooked it up to the halter. The end of the tube sock by the toe I had cut a few inches to shape it better into a point. Then I spray painted glitter spray on it. Good luck, sounds like fun!

i would check kids costumes and dog costumes. I was just at wally world and they had unicorns. Or try good will or thrift stores for a stuffed animal unicorn, and disect it.
default_wink.png
:

Last edited by a moderator:
The first thing that came to my mind that might make a good horn would be one of the styrofoam cones used for flower decorations. I think you can find them at most craft stores. You could carve it to have swirls or decorate it any way you wanted. Well, that's about all the creative information I can add :lol:

What about the Christmas icicles? The clear iridecent ones, they are twisty and plastic and vey unicornish.

I was in a pinch for mine.

I used a rolled cone of paper.

I painted it with glitter, then coated it well with a stiff glue, inside and out for added strength. I made it several inches in length.

I then punched two tiny holes near the bottom, reinforced them with more glue and probably more paper now that I think about it, then pushed some clear, elastic "thread" through the holes (it stretches and it's perfectly clear, can't think of the name, but I got it at a craft shop in the beading area), made it big enough to tie under her chin like a party hat.

Other than a show halter (I wish I had had one painted white or silver), we didn't do much more than add glitter to her hooves and some glitter all over her body.

"Goldie" made a perfect unicorn w/her rearing trick (she won the award!).

goldieunicorn.jpg

Liz M.

My sister just called me and told me that she told a friend of hers that I have a mini unicorn that I could bring to her birthday party. :eek:

Has anyone successfully made the unicorn horn and have it stay? How did you do it? I saw that some one was able to do "Pegasus" but I could not find a unicorn. I guess this is the right time of the year to try to do something with Halloween being not so far away.

Any suggestions are gratefully appreciated!!

Marla
We used one that was made with a floral foam cone covered in white satin and attached with an elastic band that snapped to the halter.

I was in a pinch for mine.

I used a rolled cone of paper.

I painted it with glitter, then coated it well with a stiff glue, inside and out for added strength. I made it several inches in length.

I then punched two tiny holes near the bottom, reinforced them with more glue and probably more paper now that I think about it, then pushed some clear, elastic "thread" through the holes (it stretches and it's perfectly clear, can't think of the name, but I got it at a craft shop in the beading area), made it big enough to tie under her chin like a party hat.

Other than a show halter (I wish I had had one painted white or silver), we didn't do much more than add glitter to her hooves and some glitter all over her body.

"Goldie" made a perfect unicorn w/her rearing trick (she won the award!).

goldieunicorn.jpg
That is totally cool!!! Good job!!!!

(Now Where can I get a white mini
default_whistling.gif
: )

Liz M.

Hahha, Shellie, this was my "dwarf" filly who was really genetically a palomino.

Her sire was a red chestnut appaloosa and dam was a cremello.

She looked gold at times, but especially in her winter coat was nearly white.
default_smile.png
She LOVED to learn tricks and was very quick, as well as enjoying people and going around to places, so it all worked great!

There are lotsa white minis out there!!!

Liz

Latest posts

Back