thought you might get a little laugh

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

backwoodsnanny

Reaction score
We were bombarded with a Spring snowtorm Friday night into yesterday morning. I went to the barn yesterday morning and we had roughly 10 inches of snow and crust on top. made it to the barn OK then went to open the barn doors nope wont budge so I think well hubby must have locked them from the inside and gone out the other end when he did bedcheck Fri night in the snowstorm so I treck through The snow breaking through every other step the 40 feet down the side of the barn and go to the tack room door which opens in Yay Im in the barn tack room. I go to open the door to the main barn and nope wont open. Oh now I remember we tied the door handle so our horses couldnt get in there. So back outside I go and try the big doors on the other end of the barn nope cant budge them the crust is frozen up against them and they wont open either. Of course by now the horses know Im there and they are hollaring for their breakfast. Sorry guys I cant get into the barn. Sooo back to the house to see if I can find a shovel all our shovels are stored in the other end of the barn. I get to the house and not a shovel to be had so back to the barn into the tack room and I try the tied door for the second time and it will open but only about an inch. Go to my foaling kit and find the scissors slip them through the crack and finally after almost an hour I am able to get into the barn. I gave them all their breakfast and spent another hour outside breaking the crust away from the doors so they can be opened so I can get the tractor out to move this stuff. I will say this is the first time in 6 1/2 years of having minis that I was locked out of my own barn. NOT FUN. Now I know why we dont breed for early foals. But boy was I glad that the foaling kit was in the barn. This time it saved me .

Oh Nita! I bet you were ready to go back to bed after that! :new_shocked: And hwere was everyone else whilst you were tramping to and fro! Hope the rest of your day goes better. We also have a good 10" more. Hug that Helen and Amy for me.

Yup, another yankee bites the dust, or snow that is.

Yalls really should move south........!

And by the way, did you know that Maine has the biggest blood suckers in their lakes in the whole wide world?
default_yes.gif
:

I know, cause I was in Maine and they all dun found me! EWWWWWWWWWWWW
default_bye-sad.gif
:
default_bye-sad.gif
:
default_bye-sad.gif
:

LOL! I can just picture that! So glad you were able to get back in! (and I bet those horses were happy too!) LOL!

Im sure they were thinking is this woman EVER going to give me my breakfast. The very precautions we took to keep the horses OUT of the tackroom kept me in it. And wouldnt you know it since the new snow the door has settled back where it belongs and shuts and latches fine now. Deb we are on a new schedule here and it was MY day and time. Been on it for two weeks now and so far it is working pretty well. Trying to be sure NO ONE is in the barn alone anymore since my husbands aunt had a fall and if she hadnt had her cell phone most probably would have frozen to death. Hubby was trying to move some of the snow from in front of the sheep pen so he was out and about just not down by the barn.

Strange you should mention your aunt and what happened. This was what my worry was...you alone and maybe in trouble....Just hit me and the pic in my mind gave me chills. Maybe it was in your mind uppermost. Perhaps some walkie talkies? I have them and that way if I'm out early or late I can hit the panic button which will scream in the house so Shain will get up and find me.

Another Mainer here!!!

I'm so sick of winter. The day before the storm I was taking water out from the house to the barn. I can't carry them so I use a sled and slide it with buckets down the path, but this day the sled went faster than me and took me out at the knees and dumped a bucket full of water on me too. I sat and laughed, what else can you do.

I can't wait to use the hose again (it's the simple things in life).

I used to shut the handle on the barn door all the way down until one time it froze so now I always put it half way up (it's the stall kind of sliding lock). I've been frozen out of the barn too and had to get a screw driver to flip the hook and eye so I could get in one of the back doors.

SPRING.........
default_wub.png
:

Lee

Latest posts

Back