The sales board just kills me

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mydaddysjag

Reaction score
Why is it that I cannot keep myself away from the sales board? everytime I go there I fall in love with these gorgeous horses that I cant afford. This week it's Angela at minis out west's horse JSW Imperial Deed. There really should be some type of caution at the top of the page.

CAUTION, LEAVE NOW BEFORE YOU FIND SOMETHING YOU "NEED" AND CANT AFFORD. lol

I agree big time. Being in australia it's only wishful thinking for me lol........

Nicky

www.freewebs.com/mysticalpark

I have been sorely temped a few times................ but I have managed self control................ just.
default_laugh.png

I agree, Imperial Deed is a looker. I've admired him too, like I need to be buying anything at all! There are a few on the board I'm tempted with........
default_whistling.gif

Jan

Me either
default_rolleyes.gif

I look everyday.. So bad I LOVE Michigans Hurricane Andrew
default_wub.png

I've done a "little" better since getting my boy's but still it's an addiction I can't quit. I LOVE to go on there and look at the horses, and dream, IF ONLY.... NOW though I know I have NO ROOM for now and NO MONEY!!!!!! I'd love a nice mare, gee I have a house full of boy';s and only one mare. See, I can't help myself..... It just never ends...... TJ

I agree, and I will admit I am also an addict and window shop just about every day!!! <sigh> So many horses, so few dollars...

There are a lot of awfully nice ones out there.... funny, I always see the ones 'down under' and come across websites that I just fall in love with their horses, and they are usually 'down there' so it will never happen....
default_no.gif

It's fun to look though, and see how much the breed has improved over the years and what all is out there. The cute fuzzy ones, the sleek show horses, the great driving prospects....
default_wub.png
oh dear- I better go find something else to do!

Heaven help me if a black driving gelding comes up for sale in Nebraska on the sale board. I'll go nuts. As it is, I search the sale board everyday. Those leopard appys are very tempting, too. Too bad I have no money. But if I did...

Why is it that I cannot keep myself away from the sales board? everytime I go there I fall in love with these gorgeous horses that I cant afford. This week it's Angela at minis out west's horse JSW Imperial Deed. There really should be some type of caution at the top of the page.
CAUTION, LEAVE NOW BEFORE YOU FIND SOMETHING YOU "NEED" AND CANT AFFORD. lol

Yeah, I looked at him, too! and looked, and looked, and looked.... I LOVE geldings. But I keep telling myself "I CANNOT afford another horse right now, I need to fix the A/C this spring"......

*sigh*

He's so gorgeous.....

*double sigh*

Lucy

I guess I fall in the pool with the sales board addicts.
default_unsure.png

I have looked and looked. I even go to every website listed on here.

I am looking for something very specific and within a certain mileage. Everything, that is even close to what I am looking for, is 2000 miles away from me.

I will just keep looking at all the beautiful sale horses until I find the perfect one. Good luck to everyone selling!!!
default_smile.png
Where are all the 3 year olds???

I agree, it is part of my day to check out the sale board.
default_smile.png
I'm not shopping right now (wish I was tho lol) AND I agree with Devon, about the Michigan horse in fact I LOVE all the horses I've seen of that line. Fortunately (or unfortunately) there are no shetland venues in my area so I can admire in safety.
default_smile.png
(and if he's NOT a shetland no one better tell me lol)

I agree, it is part of my day to check out the sale board.
default_smile.png
I'm not shopping right now (wish I was tho lol) AND I agree with Devon, about the Michigan horse in fact I LOVE all the horses I've seen of that line. Fortunately (or unfortunately) there are no shetland venues in my area so I can admire in safety.
default_smile.png
(and if he's NOT a shetland no one better tell me lol)
Don't think you're "safe" just because there are no shetland shows in your area. That didn't stop me.
default_wacko.png
It was just 11 months ago, when I wasn't shopping and didn't have money to buy another horse...that I took a cruise through the saleboard & saw a lovely pinto shetland filly that was a price I could almost afford....a price I couldn't resist! I waited all that day & then that evening figured that she would already be sold, and so I was "safe" in phoning to ask about her. She wasn't sold, & I did buy her...she have no shetland shows here either and she is ASPC only, too tall for AMHR....I had no need for a pony, but I bought her anyway. And now guess what? In 2009 it looks like we will have Shetland classes added to our local AMHR show!
default_laugh.png

So never say never...unless it's as in "never believe you are safe from buying off the saleboard"!!!!

I've bought 7 horses off the board over the years!
default_laugh.png

AND our trailer AND truck!
default_new_shocked.gif
default_laugh.png

Add me to the list, I can't seem to help myself and look almost daily. Most that I like are too far for me to go see and pay transport should I find thee one. I did buy one or two of mine through the sale board, but mostly I just look.

Me either
default_rolleyes.gif

I look everyday.. So bad I LOVE Michigans Hurricane Andrew
default_wub.png

I am attracted to that horse as well. I went to the site and they also have a beautiful ASPC mare for sale if only the money was there.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know what yah mean. I go there a couple times a day looking to see what people post. I did buy one off of there back in Oct. I got lucky she is a Rowdy Grandaughter and was close home too.

Ok darn it, you all made me go look- again!!
default_new_shocked.gif

Oh, nice gelding and yes, I am a sucker for a jet black also.... and I agree, never say never!!! LOL

Latest posts

Back