Suggested Christmas Movies?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its cheezy, its kidy, and I've been watching it every year since my brother got it for me when I was 6. Annabelle's Wish is the cutest christmas movie I've found out their and brings a little tear to my eye each year (now that I'm older I seem to cry at anything slightly sad, touching, or beautiful!)

A Christmas Story-a classic, plus it's hilarious!

I remember watching Anabell's Wish too- its good, cartoon though

Here are two movies from the Hallmark Channel:

Mrs. Miracle( Debbie Macomber's)-stars James Van der Beek and Doris Roberts-http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1431115/

Chirstmas in Canaan-stars Billy Ray Cyrus- great movie, http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1410013/

I love the "older" Christmas movies

Christmas in Connecticut

Holiday Inn

Its a Wonderful Life

Julie

Victory Pass Stable

Maine

Ditto on A Christmas Story - it is a GREAT movie!!!!

Liz R.

"ELF" is one of my faves.

I also want to see "A Christmas Carol" (the animated one from last year).

I gotta say "ELF" is one of my current favorites
default_smile.png

I have to say that I still love " Anabell's Wish"
default_wub.png
Such a cute movie not matter how old you are!

A few others are "Elf", "Christmas Vacation", "A Christmas Story", "Prancer", and "The Santa Clause"
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Everybody already named my favorites... for a non-christmas but current feel good movie for kids try "how to train your dragon"... love it.

My favorites are:

Jack Frost (with Micheal Keaton, not the horror flick!)

Scrooged

Christmas with the Kranks

Miracle on 34th Street ( I actually like the 1994 version best)

Prancer

The Santa Clause (but only the first one)

My all time favorite is The Muppet Christmas Carol, I have to watch it several times each year. Another one that is "sappy" is A Christmas Card.

A Muppet Family Christmas (the old 80s one)

A Muppet Christmas Carol (nobody says Christmas like the muppets!!)

The Polar Express

The Santa Clause (first one only!)

Albert Finny's Scroodge

A Christmas Story

The Preachers wife

Jack Frost

Mr Willaby's Christmas tree

Its a Wonderful Life (old corny classic that gives me all kinds of warm fuzzies)

I also love the Hey Arnold Christmas and Rockos modern life Christmas specials (The old Nickelodeon animations)

I have seen Anabells Wish and its sappy as all get out but I kinda like it anyway

I love Christmas

Thanks everyone.

I'm trying to remember the name of one: a woman worked at a supermarket and didn't believe in Santa. Her husband wanted to open a bike shop. Kind of a take on Wonderful Life, I think. Some of those Made for TV movies were good, but not sure they are available to watch.

Love, Actually. Must be viewed every Christmas. And often through the rest of the year. Not for the kiddos though.

Eloise at Christmastime! Very good for kiddos, and everyone else!

Thanks everyone.

I'm trying to remember the name of one: a woman worked at a supermarket and didn't believe in Santa. Her husband wanted to open a bike shop. Kind of a take on Wonderful Life, I think. Some of those Made for TV movies were good, but not sure they are available to watch.
Was this one kind of old? Did the kids go to the north pole and hang out with an angel? I think I remember something about a bank robbery too? If thats the case, my mom LOVES that movie and Ill ask her what it is.
default_yes.gif

I love National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation and Jingle All The Way.
default_smile.png
I also watch Muppet's Christmas; Santa Clause (first one only!); A Christmas Story; Emmett Otter's Jug Band Christmas; A Charlie Brown Christmas, (I like the cartoons!) and even though its not really Christmas... we watch Gremlins at Christmas too.
default_smile.png

You've gotten some great suggestions so far. Here's a couple more.

How the Grinch stole Christmas (with Jim Carry)

The Nativity Story

The Grinch that stole Christmas. The CARTOON ONE!

I HAVE to watch that one! I LOVE Boris Karloff!
default_wub.png

Latest posts

Back