Strange sounds in the sky

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danielle_E.

Reaction score
Some of you may have already heard about people around the world hearing strange sounds coming from the sky. If you do a google search and go to videos there are many. Yes, some are hoaxes but the majority aren't. Some people think it is being caused by Haarp, some say it is the movement of the teutonic plates, etc. Have any of you heard these sounds? Do any of you have a theory. Some believe that the sounds are trumpet like as described in The Book of Revelation.

http://seektress.com/ssounds.htm

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol, well ya never know... What I find strange is that only one scientist has come forward with a possible explanation and that is it. The conspiracy theorists are having a field day with this. I have no clue or theory only it is really spooky sounding, like in a science fiction movie.

Matt, you are in London, Ont. On the link I put on my initial post, the one that has the map, someone from your area reported and put up a video.

I don't know where the sound came from--last evening I was in the shower, Mom was in the kitchen (which adjoins bathroom) and there was a thud, like something hit the wall between us. I hollered what was that and she replied that she thought I had done something to make the noise. We have no idea what it was--couldn't tell if it came from outside, or if something landed on the roof, or what. Maybe we heard one of those noises???

They're heeeerrrreeeee.....
For sure
default_biggrin.png

Ive never heard of any of this...

????

1st time hearing of this news.

Sound can travel for sure. I can hear the trains sometimes and we are many miles away.

Ooooogh, I like trumpets. I can't say that I have heard anything. I have always loved gazing at the beautiful night sky when it is full of stars. It has been that way this week but the only noises I hear are coyotes and more coyotes. Lately it seems like our enjoyment of star gazing is always accompanied by a ritual of saying "hello" to any drones that might be up there spying.
default_thumbdown.gif

Danielle, I was lucky enough to be in a class some years ago that did a Kay Arthur precept study on the book of Revelations. When doing this there is also much study of Zechariah, 1 Thessalonians, 2 Thessalonians, Daniel, and Isaiah. It was a good study and the leaders are taught to make you do your own study, homework, and thinking. I would like to take it again if I ever get a chance.

I listened to the sounds on the video of what people in various parts of the world are hearing. I don't have a theory but it makes me smile to know that it has people around the world wondering if the sounds are coming from Heaven.
default_hypocrite.gif
Maybe it is the sound of those innumerable angels practicing their training to attend Christ in his second coming??

As there's no such thing as angels and the book of revelation is just a fairy tale...let's go with it being spiderman "spins a web any size...."
default_smile.png

Or it could be our war ships on the way to Libya. I think a couple arrived there today.

Naughhhhh. It would not be economical to take warships by air.

Well Vicki gee, it certainly had me re-reading the Book of Revelation and yes other parts as well. You see I heard these sounds myself about four months ago and thought I was losing it. I came outside, middle of the day on a weekend, and when I started hearing this my first reaction was "what the heck is that?" and as I sat there I talked myself out of calling my neighbour (my husband was out golfing and I was alone) to see if they were hearing this. I then thought okay Danielle it must likely be another neighbour with their tv blaring with a science fiction movie. I have no idea where these sounds are coming from but I can tell you, if you do happen to hear them it really makes you pause and think. At least I found out shortly after that episode about others hearing the same thing and that my sanity was still intact. ;-).

Danielle, you do know the book of revelations was NOT written describing the end of the world but the end of the authors world.

You don’t have to be a student of religion to recognize references from the Book of Revelation. The last book in the Bible has fascinated readers for centuries. People who don’t even follow religion are nonetheless familiar with figures and images from Revelation.

And why not? No other New Testament book reads like Revelation. The book virtually drips with blood and reeks of sulfur. At the center of this final battle between good and evil is an action-hero-like Jesus, who is in no mood to turn the other cheek.

Elaine Pagels, one of the world’s leading biblical scholars, first read Revelation as a teenager. She read it again in writing her latest book, “Revelations: Visions, Prophecy & Politics in the Book of Revelation.”

Pagels’ book is built around a simple question: What does Revelation mean? Her answers may disturb people who see the book as a prophecy about the end of the world.

But people have clashed over the meaning of Revelation ever since it was virtually forced into the New Testament canon over the protests of some early church leaders, Pagels says.

CNN’s Belief Blog: The faith angles behind the biggest stories

“There were always debates about it,” she said.

The debate persists. Pagels adds to it by challenging some of the common assumptions about Revelation.

Here are what she says are four big myths about Revelation::

1. It’s about the end of the world

Anyone who has read the popular “Left Behind” novels or listened to pastors preaching about the “rapture” might see Revelation as a blow-by-blow preview of how the world will end.

Pagels, however, says the writer of Revelation was actually describing the way his own world ended.

She says the writer of Revelation may have been called John – the book is sometimes called “Book of the Revelation of Saint John the Divine” but he was not the disciple who accompanied Jesus. He was a devout Jew and mystic exiled on the island of Patmos, off the coast of  present-day Greece.

Follow the CNN Belief Blog on Twitter

“He would have been a very simple man in his clothes and dress,” Pagels says. “He may have gone from church to church preaching his message. He seems more like a traveling preacher or a prophet.”

The author of Revelation had experienced a catastrophe. He wrote his book not long after 60,000 Roman soldiers had stormed Jerusalem in 70 A.D., burned down its great temple and left the city in ruins after putting down an armed Jewish revolt.

For some of the earliest Jewish followers of Jesus, the destruction of Jerusalem was incomprehensible. They had expected Jesus to return “with power” and conquer Rome before inaugurating a new age. But Rome had conquered Jesus’ homeland instead.

The author of Revelation was trying to encourage the followers of Jesus at a time when their world seemed doomed. Think of the Winston Churchill radio broadcasts delivered to the British during the darkest days of World War II.

Revelation was an anti-Roman tract and a piece of war propaganda wrapped in one. The message: God would return and destroy the Romans who had destroyed Jerusalem.

“His primary target is Rome,” Pagels says of the book’s author. “He really is deeply angry and grieved at the Jewish war and what happened to his people.”

2. The numerals 666 stand for the devil

The 1976 horror film “The Omen” scared a lot of folks. It may have scared some theologians, too, who began encountering people whose view of Revelation comes from a Hollywood movie.

“The Omen” depicted the birth and rise of the “anti-Christ,” the cunning son of Satan who would be known by “the mark of the beast,” 666, on his body.

Here’s the passage from Revelation that “The Omen” alluded to: “This calls for wisdom: let anyone with understanding calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a person. Its number is six hundred sixty-six.”

Good movies, though, don’t always make good theology. Most people think 666 stands for an anti-Christ-like figure that will deceive humanity and trigger a final battle between good and evil. Some people think he’s already here.

Pagels, however, says the writer of Revelation didn’t really intend 666 as the devil’s digits. He was describing another incarnation of evil: The Roman emperor, Nero.

The arrogant and demented Nero was particularly despised by the earliest followers of Jesus, including the writer of Revelation. Nero was said to have burned followers of Jesus alive to illuminate his garden.

But the author of Revelation couldn’t safely name Nero, so he used the Jewish numerology system to spell out Nero’s imperial name, Pagels says.

Pagels says that John may have had in mind other meanings for the mark of the beast: the imperial stamp Romans used on official documents, tattoos authorizing people to engage in Roman business, or the images of Roman emperors on stamps and coins.

Since Revelation’s author writes in “the language of dreams and nightmares,” Pagels says it’s easy for outsiders to misconstrue the book’s original meaning.

Still, they take heart from Revelation’s larger message, she writes:

“…Countless people for thousands of years have been able to see their own conflicts, fears, and hopes reflected in his prophecies. And because he speaks from his convictions about divine justice, many readers have found reassurance in his conviction that there is meaning in history – even when he does not say exactly what that meaning is – and that there is hope.”

3. The writer of Revelation was a Christian

The author of Revelation hated Rome, but he also scorned another group – a group of people we would call Christians today, Pagels says.

There’s a common perception that there was a golden age of Christianity, when most Christians agreed on an uncontaminated version of the faith. Yet there was never one agreed-upon Christianity. There were always clashing visions.

Revelation reflects some of those early clashes in the church, Pagels says.

That idea isn’t new territory for Pagels. She won the National Book Award for “The Gnostic Gospels,” a 1979 book that examined a cache of newly discovered “secret” gospels of Jesus. The book, along with other work from Pagels, argues that there were other accounts of Jesus’ life that were suppressed by early church leaders because it didn’t fit with their agenda.

The author of Revelation was like an activist crusading for traditional values. In his case, he was a devout Jew who saw Jesus as the messiah. But he didn’t like the message that the apostle Paul and other followers of Jesus were preaching.

This new message insisted that gentiles could become followers of Jesus without adopting the requirements of the Torah. It accepted women leaders, and intermarriage with gentiles, Pagels says.

The new message was a lot like what we call Christianity today.

That was too much for the author of Revelation. At one point, he calls a woman leader in an early church community a “Jezebel.” He calls one of those gentile-accepting churches a “synagogue of Satan.”

John was defending a form of Christianity that would be eclipsed by the Christians he attacked, Pagels says.

“What John of Patmos preached would have looked old-fashioned – and simply wrong to Paul’s converts…,” she writes.

The author of Revelation was a follower of Jesus, but he wasn’t what some people would call a Christian today, Pagels says.

“There’s no indication that he read Jesus’ Sermon on the Mount or that he read the gospels or Paul’s letters,” she says. “….He doesn’t even say Jesus died for your sins.”

4. There is only one Book of Revelation

There’s no other book in the Bible quite like Revelation, but there are plenty of books like Revelation that didn’t make it into the Bible, Pagels says.

Early church leaders suppressed an “astonishing” range of books that claimed to be revelations from apostles such as Peter and James. Many of these books were read and treasured by Christians throughout the Roman Empire, she says.

There was even another “Secret Revelation of John.” In this one, Jesus wasn’t a divine warrior, but someone who first appeared to the apostle Paul as a blazing light, then as a child, an old man and, some scholars say, a woman.

So why did the revelation from John of Patmos make it into the Bible, but not the others?

Pagels traces that decision largely to Bishop Athanasius, a pugnacious church leader who championed Revelation about 360 years after the death of Jesus.

Athanasius was so fiery that during his 46 years as bishop he was deposed and exiled five times. He was primarily responsible for shaping the New Testament while excluding books he labeled as hearsay, Pagels says.

Many church leaders opposed including Revelation in the New Testament. Athanasius’s predecessor said the book was “unintelligible, irrational and false.”

Athanasius, though, saw Revelation as a useful political tool. He transformed it into an attack ad against Christians who questioned him.

Rome was no longer the enemy; those who questioned church authority were the anti-Christs in Athanasius’s reading of Revelation, Pagels says.

“Athanasius interprets Revelation’s cosmic war as a vivid picture of his own crusade against heretics and reads John’s visions as a sharp warning to Christian dissidents,” she writes. “God is about to divide the saved from the darned – which now means dividing the ‘orthodox’ from ‘heretics.’ ’’

Centuries later, Revelation still divides people. Pagels calls it the strangest and most controversial book in the Bible.

Even after writing a book about it, Pagels has hardly mastered its meaning.

“The book is the hardest one in the Bible to understand,” Pagels says. “I don’t think anyone completely understands it.”

John Blake - CNN Writer

Filed under: Belief • Books • Christianity • Church • Devil • End times • Faith • History • Jerusalem

Well Vicki gee, it certainly had me re-reading the Book of Revelation and yes other parts as well. You see I heard these sounds myself about four months ago and thought I was losing it. I came outside, middle of the day on a weekend, and when I started hearing this my first reaction was "what the heck is that?" and as I sat there I talked myself out of calling my neighbour (my husband was out golfing and I was alone) to see if they were hearing this. I then thought okay Danielle it must likely be another neighbour with their tv blaring with a science fiction movie. I have no idea where these sounds are coming from but I can tell you, if you do happen to hear them it really makes you pause and think. At least I found out shortly after that episode about others hearing the same thing and that my sanity was still intact. ;-).
Oh, cool. That would make you an ear-witness!

ugh! I've had enough unexplained stuff that's gone on to last me ten more life times but nothing like this.There has been major creepy stuff but nothing like this trumpet stuff. The only thing I hear from the sky that I can't figure out is like the sound of thunder, similar to thunder, when there isn't any sign of a storm not even in the distance. Could be the Army jets though, but nope, no trumpets.

Latest posts

Back