stewards

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What kind of show are you working at? 4H? Open?

Be professional--boots, clean jeans, western blouse (not a T shirt) maybe a western hat, and a really big belt buckle if you have one :bgrin

Our AMHR stewards always look sharp. They get a little dressier at the bigger shows, especially for the evening classes.

Working at open show...

Thanks for your help is there any websites that show pictures of stewards dressed up????????

Sarahxx

A lot of English shows require stewards to wear a hat- you had better ask about that one- each show has a slightly different dress code.

Over here jeans are usually frowned on but slacks, dark coloured for practicality, are fine.

Wear comfortable shoes!!!!!

Make sure you know where the loos are and have couple of bottles of water and a snack by the ringside!!

Also make sure that you have waterproofs ( dark coloured and clean)

I would give the organisers a call and ask if they could give you pointers, large shows have strict rules, small shows are more relaxed.

Good Luck.
default_yes.gif
:

I ditto Jane (Rabbit).....Check with the show coordinator(s).

When I coordinated the two shows I've done with AMHA, I asked our Stewards to have comfortable shoes, preferabley black or dark jeans or slacks and a button-down shirt. (No T-shirt) Hat was optional.

Don't know about your show, but I always provided refreshments for BOTH judges and Stewards.

I also made arrangements with the vendors (with coupons) for both the judges and stewards, so snacks and lunches were covered by the show.

MA

Latest posts

Back