Special moments

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J&HMinis

Reaction score
We had our last club show yesterday. While our results were great, nothing compared to the feeling I got when I met Alex. Alex and his dad came to the show to watch. I had my gelding Bondini by the ring waiting for our class when a friend of mine asked me to bring him over to meet Alex, so I said yes as soon as I came out of the ring I would bring him over.

We came out of the ring and I brought Bondini over to meet Alex. Alex is in a wheelchair, Alex then asked if he could hold him, so I said yes and asked him if he wanted to walk him back to my trailer for me. I just couldn't believe that Bondini, only a yearling, had absolutely no fear of the wheelchair and he was just so good!
default_wub.png
: To see the smile on Alex's face was priceless! When we got to the trailer I gave him a first place ribbon that Bondini had won and told him to keep it for all his help walking him back to the trailer and holding him for me. What a special moment!

Here are Bondini and his new friend Alex.
default_wub.png
:

bondini_alex_223x250.jpg

Alex and Bondini sharing a laugh :bgrin

bondini_alex_1_239x250.jpg

It's things like that that make having them worthwhile!!!!
default_yes.gif
:
default_yes.gif
:

Many people think that horses are stupid but they really aren't and that just proved it. He knew and understood perfectly well.

You have a very special horse and a kind heart.

Chaz

default_wub.png
: Those pictures are priceless. The way animals put smiles on children faces. :bgrin

That is SO SPECIAL.........
default_wub.png
: Thank you for sharing and bringing smiles to many of us today.

MA

Your pictures made my night, thank you for sharing them!!
default_wub.png
:

that is just so wonderful It made me tear up happy tears but still tears and Smile all at the same time!!!!

Horses and Children my two favorite things in the whole world. Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:
Your post made me tear up. That was so sweet of you to let Alex be apart of your day. I've worked with special needs children and you'd be amazed at what a simple little act of kindness means to them. I :aktion033: you!!!

You need to carry those pics with you to show people when they want to know what you can do with minis--bring joy!!

Thanks so much for sharing that! What wonderful pictures that you will treasure forever. When we had our new special friend Wellesley over when they picked up Danny, Danny also showed complete acceptance of the wheelchair. Ally did as well. I have those priceless pics, and that is something that I hope to do more of in the future...share my wonderful minis with people who need the love they have to give.
default_wub.png
:

Making memories for children is THE most important thing in life.....what a treasure you gave young Alex!

Aww thats so sweet. Just why I love minis so much. I can't believe I missed the show..I totally forgot, I wanted to go spectate again as it was only an hour away.

Thanks for sharing your special moment with Alex and the pictures, they were priceless. It made my day.

Tammie~

Heather,

I was very impressed with Bondini, I was coming out of the ring and I saw Alex leading him in his wheelchair and I saw Bondini's lead drop and get caught in the wheel and he just stopped and stood quietly waiting for you to undo his lead and then started walking slow again with Alex. You have a very sweet loving boy there... Also Congrats on all your wins with him at the show, He was kicking butt again...JANE

Thank you for sharing that...times like that are so special and I treasure them!!
default_wub.png
:

I agree that you have a very special horse in Bondini and I believe he has a very special owner too!!!
default_yes.gif
:

Wow! The forum is so inspiring today! Thank you for another heartwarming story. It just makes you appreciate our special guys all the more.

Thank you for sharing that...times like that are so special and I treasure them!!
default_wub.png
:

I agree that you have a very special horse in Bondini and I believe he has a very special owner too!!!
default_yes.gif
:

Thank you Cyndi, you are so sweet!

Latest posts

Back