Sorry to bother you guys

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Taylor Richelle

Reaction score
EDITED: So I really wasn't thinking when i first posted this. Dummy me! I have NEVER thought of him to be at all dwafy. Maybe just his neck threw me off, but then again he's a little stud
default_rolleyes.gif
I really wanted to see what you guys thought of him based on his comformation.

Okay first off I don't breed or attend big shows. I show at about 5 shows a year in NH. So I bought a gelding and a colt last year so I could finally start showing more even if they were not huge mini shows. Okay so with that past few post on dwarfy mini's I just wanted to hear your opinion on my 2yearold stud. He's being gelded this spring/summer. I know he's not perfect but I didn't think he had bad comformation or "dwarfy" looks until people started posting and I guess I became paranoid! I'm mostly looking for what you guys think of him and how is his comformation?
default_unsure.png
Oh and Knight himself is 29"

Knight's SIre 32"

oqyxs7.jpg

Knights Dam 31" or 32" I would have to look at his papers again.

swelqb.jpg

Knight a few hours old...and I thought his head looked off when I saw these..

1zoc3ro.jpg

About 2 months old.

2q0suh2.jpg

Then last May or June after I got him.

2e67x29.jpg

More on next post

Last edited by a moderator:
34q3gp3.jpg
31783ya.jpg

And growing into his head more.

35jz70k.jpg

And also he is a very easy keeper
default_wub.png
lol he can put on weight pretty well, and it doesn't help his looks any that he is still a stud as he is getting more "thick" then I wanted him to be I just don't have any clipped pics from this year yet. Just let me know what you see guys thanks!

No dwarfy features IMO either! I think you might be looking at the fact that he is a little short in the neck?

But I agree - he's cute and looks like a real sweetie!
default_yes.gif

Anna

No I don't think so either. There is a definate difference in your boys photo at a few months compared to Connor's photo at a few months(I believe that was the minis name from the other post).

You have a lovely boy with a wonderful head. He looks like a mini coming out of winter with too much hair and a few extra groceries. This is what minis look like naturally, not the groomed to the teeth look in the professional photos. I think you made a good decision and should be competitive when the weight comes off and is fitted out.

You have a lovely boy with a wonderful head. He looks like a mini coming out of winter with too much hair and a few extra groceries. This is what minis look like naturally, not the groomed to the teeth look in the professional photos. I think you made a good decision and should be competitive when the weight comes off and is fitted out.
Thank you so much, means a lot. I was just curious after reading the other 2 post. I mostly wanted to check in with his comformation.
default_smile.png

Not a dwarf. If yoy wrapped his neck it would help .
Thanks! I have been wanting to do that...

To all of you who replyed! Thank you! Again I never really thought he was dwarfy I just get really paranoid sometimes and when I read the other 2 post obviously I saw that cute little Conner had dwarf characteristics and that "Knight" didn't have what she did accept maybe for a short neck but that could be because he is a little thick from a being a stud. Then when I saw the 2nd post and you were talking about her little gelding "Toby" it made me think a bit on "Knights" comformation. So just wanted to check in with you guys
default_smile.png

No dwarfy features IMO either! I think you might be looking at the fact that he is a little short in the neck?

But I agree - he's cute and looks like a real sweetie!
default_yes.gif

Anna
Thank you
default_smile.png
Just the other 2 post got me to thinking that's all. But yes his short neck made me think a bit. Oh and he can be very sweet WHEN he wants to be...he normally has his ears pinned back most of the time, which is why I am gelding him soon. i don't need to deal with another cranky stud!
default_laugh.png

I can see what people were looking at, and I can see why you are paranoid, but I really cannot see any dwarf characteristics in this colt at all- in fact I have his twin, except she is female and solid coloured!

He is tiny, but he is well in proportion, I would stop worrying.

I love his head and eye, a really pretty little chap.

He is very cute and will do well in the multi color and gelding classes up here in Maine. Just fit him up, clip him up and have fun!

I think he could be thined down a bit he would be just fine. I do not think he looks like a dwarf at all.

Again thank you too all who replyed, oh I feel so stupid now haha again I have never once thought of him being "dwarfy" at all until last nights post and reading all the different signs so I was curious but mostly wanted to see what you guys thought of him comformation wise. You have all said so many great things and to "Castle Rock Miniatures" your last little bit made me smile
default_smile.png
Means a lot to hear that from you. I do love my boy and hope to have some fun with him this year as it is only my 2nd year showing so I'm still learning and this will be his first year.

I will try to get some updated pics of him soon, all those were from last summer/fall so I am very curious to see how he has filled out (other then his stomach area
default_laugh.png
) I do know I will have to most likely get a neck sweat for him. But other then that I feel pretty happy with him.
default_wub.png

Then when I saw the 2nd post and you were talking about her little gelding "Toby" it made me think a bit on "Knights" comformation.
the main reason i made my thread about Toby is because of a few things:

1. He's small and chunky

2. i was planning on driving him and wanted to make sure

3. he came from the same farm as 'Einstein' and that worried me

4. he set something off in my head that made me question whether he was a dwarf or not.

i mainly just wanted to make sure he wasnt a dwarf before i hitched him to a cart. your gorgeous lil guy is definetly no dwarf
default_yes.gif

*edited for spelling mistakes
default_rolleyes.gif

the main reason i made my thread about Toby is because of a few things:

1. He's small and chunky

2. i was planning on driving him and wanted to make sure

3. he came from the same farm as 'Einstein' and that worried me

4. he set something off in my head that made me question whether he was a dwarf or not.

i mainly just wanted to make sure he wasnt a dwarf before i hitched him to a cart. your gorgeous lil guy is definetly no dwarf
default_yes.gif

*edited for spelling mistakes
default_rolleyes.gif
Thank you
default_smile.png
Yes Mr. Knight is pretty chunky too, another reason he is being gelded soon. Don't need him to get thicker. I have a gelding who is a "Tiz" horse but he is 33" so he doesn't worry me
default_laugh.png
I have been keeping tabs on your Toby for awhile back when you first had him for sale and when I first joined the forum mainly because he was a "Tiz" horses and he was so small and cute!
default_wub.png

Latest posts

Back