so sad

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MBennettp

Reaction score
About a month ago we noticed a young dog at a highway entrance ramp. He was just sitting there watching the cars and it was obvious he had been dumped. This dog has been at the same location all day every day for the last month. Animal control tried to catch him but he ran, they tried to dart him but he dodged. They finally just fed and watered him and left him. They have been putting out food and water for him in hopes he would come to trust them enough that they could catch him.

Yesterday, we saw him again but this time he was laying on the shoulder of the highway. I would love to know who was so heartless, there has to be a special place in he** for them.

They probably wouldn't take him to the animal shelter because if they don't live in city limits, they are charged to leave them. So instead of trying to find him a home, they just kicked him out on the highway. The poor little guy looked at every car that took that exit but if one stopped, he would run. He just wanted the person that did this to him to come back after him.

Mary

This is so heart breaking. I hate people who are so cruel and dump animals. Shame

on them. We live in the City, and I can not tell you how many times we get animals

dump here. We have had dogs, cats, and a rabbit. Yep, a rabbit. It was so scared.

I caught it and took it in. Found it a good home, with a little girl and family. The last

cat that was dump here, I still have. This world is just so full of mean and horrible people.

So what ended up happening with the dog? I did not get the end. I hope if he is alive someone

will help him. Just so heart breaking. Wonder if they like someone to do it to them?? :no:
default_poke.gif
: :new_2gunsfiring_v1:
default_crybaby.gif
:
default_frusty.gif
:

Vicky

Mary

I agree that there will be a place for jerks like these.
default_torch.gif
: I'm so sorry the dog didn't

make it. We are seeing alot of dumping of pets here in AZ! :nono: It drives me crazy!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
That's how we ended up with Camy, our new JRT. She was found running around on a busy street. One of the girls at the feedstore picked her up and tried to find her owners. No one claimed her, she couldn't keep her, hubby wanted a JRT......she now has a forever home with more love than she knows what to do with.

I really wish there was some way to return the favor to some of these butt*o!es out there. :new_let_it_all_out:

That kind of stuff breaks my heart and drives me crazy!

Larry, Bri, and I were driving to "town" last night.......we live about 10 miles from a major shopping area. Half way there, we saw cars hitting their breaks. It was out in the middle of arid sage and juniper land. And trotting along the shoulder of the highway was an older Border Collie.

Larry and I looked at eachother and he pulled over at the closest place and we turned around. By that time several other cars had also pulled over on the shoulder, and one was pulling away. The dog was gone. We drove the length of the area to make sure, but we both feel the dog was fortunately picked up.

Our major fear was seeing that poor little dog laying dead on the highway on our return home from having dinner out.

I did feel good that there were so many people willing to stop for that little being as it ran terrified along the road.

(Sorry I hijacked your post, Mary.) Just found it weird that your situation and our's happened so close together, but yet so far.......and with such horribley different results.........
default_sad.png

MA

Oh God this breaks my heart.

And yet, here we are, making new breeds, designing designer dogs and cats for people to buy at HUGE prices, keep for a while and then dump.

I have a dog lying behind me at the moment, a Dobe, Yes, I succumbed!!

He has a home for life here, and he is just getting used to the idea.

Yet, when we get out of the Van at the stables, he still looks for his family.

At dog training yesterday he lugged me to the door because there was a little boy waiting in the hallway.

A slightly alarmed little boy who got a Doberbounce , but allowed him to work out for himself that this was not the little boy he wanted.

My heart breaks whenever his ears prick at the sound of a child's voice, whenever he looks up the field when a family go by.

WHY???? :no:

It makes me sick the way people dispose of animals like garbage. We have become a throw away society. I could not imagine getting rid of one of my babies. Growing up we had 2 dogs, both were dumped at my fathers shop (his shop was across from a feed store). We also always had at least 5 cats, all were dumped. Usually they showed up right around the time people were going away for the summer, you know that cute little kitten from Christmas. They weren't that cute anymore and they didn't want to pay someone to take care of it while they were on vacation so they dump it the first farm they came to out in the country. I have 5 dogs, 2 pits, a dobe and 2 jacks. All are spayed or neutered, no puppies here. I can't even go to the SPCA as I cry and want to bring every dog home.

Latest posts

Back