Smallest Horse Video

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dona

Reaction score
I just came across this video of "the World's Smallest Horse" (Thumbelina)....I believe most of you have seen her before, but I have never seen her in a video like this. I found it on You Tube. She very obviously is NOT enjoying her work anymore. Maybe it's time for them to let this little one retire?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.......for some reason, this computer wouldn't let me copy & paste the video. (using a computer at the nursing home where my Mother is).

Oh well.....the video showed "Thumbelina" in a small corral with vertical bars.....there were lots of children putting their hands in & trying to pet her, but she was laying her ears back, charging at them trying to bite, and turning around & kicking at them. She very obviously was in distress & was lashing out.
default_no.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I've seen the video you mean and it was just sad to see her so upset. I think this little horse has just been pushed beyond her tolerance by the uncaring hands of 'the public' and her owners need to be more sensitive to her needs if they are going to continue with what they are doing with her.

Oh My!! dont you love how in the description for the vid it says "She may look a Bit ferocious she is just kicking up her heels much to the enjoyment of the children" psshh yea right!!
default_no.gif

"edited for spelling"

This is disgusting! She needs a break from the travel and the public in general. Just think about what could have happened to Thumbalina if she had either bitten or kicked and hurt one of the kids. This seems to be an abuse that is accepted!

[SIZE=14pt]Enough already!!!![/SIZE]

I think that the owners should let her have a break, turn her out to pasture with some small minis and goats and be a horse, not a commodity, not a freak show, not an endorsement, theyve raised a lot of money, and should let her be. She was well cared for, but i think its terrible the way shes mobbed by people and just cant be a horse. Why arent PETA trying to stop this, yet they think its wrong that President Obama swatted a fly, they should be going after something a bit more unfair to animals type thing than killing an insect, gosh
default_wacko.png
default_no.gif
default_sad.png

I've seen this video before and it's hard to watch. She has obviously had enough of the spot light. Too bad the owners can't see that.

I've seen this video before and it's hard to watch. She has obviously had enough of the spot light. Too bad the owners can't see that.

OK so what can we do about it?????

Anyone know how to get to the owners?

Lets start a letter of petition or somehow be a voice for this poor little mini
default_sad.png

Any suggestions???

This video is now two years old.

She may now be retired from her life on the road by now.

Latest posts

Back