Size of pen for mini?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StormyAcreRanch

Reaction score
Ok, I'm thinking of getting another mini, this one being registered and show quality. Problem is all my horses are kept at my parents farm as I and hubby live in a small community with no real land. Ok, here's the question. We have about 1/2 acre total of land and most of it is our backyard, would that be enough room for a mini possibly two? they would have access to a small lot at our next door neighbors too. There are no city regulations or anything, I've checked that out already. And really we are out in the country, just so happens 80 odd years ago someone decided to build a few houses!! Go figure. Across the street there is a huge horse farm from me, and 2 house up the road they have horses. We have an extra garage in the back that we are going to build a lean to on and i was thinking that could be there shelter/barn.

I guess what I'm asking is what is the smallest area you would let a mini live in?

I think that could work so long as you were giving hay and grain (wouldn't be enough area to support much grazing). Some of my paddocks (most maybe) are less than 1/2 acre and the horses do fine in them and run around and play quite a lot.

I agree it should work fine, I have small paddocks also and mine do great !!
default_wub.png
:

Latest posts

Back