Signs - What's in your barn?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Little Wee Horse Farm

Reaction score
Just wondering.......we have only one sign in our barn. It says it all for us. I'm curious as to what you all have in your barns? I know some are funny & some are serious. Tell me!

Ours is: "Bless the beasts & children, for in this world, they have no choice; for in this world, they have no voice."

I read it everyday as I'm getting horse feed from the feed bins. Puts things in perspective for me as to what an important job/gift this is. Guess I'm feeling kind of misty-eyed with retiring and being locked inside with cabin fever!

Oh yeah, I've got one in the window everyone sees when they knock on our house door: "Caution: You are entering Miniature Horse country"

Last edited by a moderator:
Ours is Proverbs 21:31 and I won't tell you what it is you have to look it up. The other is totally different but it is appropriate because of what happened to me from the people I worked for before. SUCESS IS THE BEST REVENGE! Believe me, with what happened and the fact that my guys that I bought from these people have been so successful with me it has been sweet revenge. Linda B

truckmagnet.jpg

I have this outside as you enter the paddocks. This is the 1 on the truck, I don't have a pic of the 1 outside yet.

Shelley<><

Have one over my wash stall says, " I clean horses, not houses" - that is pretty much right. Then "Gone to a horse show, be back maybe" up as well

My husband bought me an outdoor sign for Christmas, it says: "CAUTION: Horses About". I'll hang it on the fence this summer. During the warm months, my senior half-Arab gelding has free roam of the "yard" during the day. [We are 1/2 mile off the county road and his corral is at the back of the "yard", so I just open the gate after breakfast and he grazes where he pleases. We raise cattle and our home site and pasture is a 1/2 section, so he roams around the hay yard and buildings.]

Have one over my wash stall says, " I clean horses, not houses" - that is pretty much right. Then "Gone to a horse show, be back maybe" up as well

I have the Gone to a horse show-- my daughter bought it for me at Christmas.

I definitely want the one about cleaning horses -not houses!!! That is ME!!!! :aktion033: My barn is clean, my house is a mess....

Ok, maybe I'm an idiot.....but we have two signs in our barn. The state statutes, and a sign showing a cartoon horse on a skateboard, saying HORSE CROSSING across the top.

I have a sign with the Will Rogers quote (bottom of this post) and a sign with a horse head on it that is Polish and supposed to be "good luck".

I have a sign on a gate in the horse paddock, on the outside that says "Miniature Horse Xing"

And I am gonna get one with a cart horse on it soon!
default_smile.png

Ohh I want a sign! I want a sign! :aktion033:

Hubby is making me a name plate for the entrance to Bailey's shelter, but I want a 'slogan' too. Might steal an idea from this post!

I have "Horses are like potatoe chips, you can't have just one!" I too want the Icelan horses not houses. Mine is a DISASTER!!

I just have a "no smoking" sign in the barn... but my husband wants a sign to post by the drive way that says "Forget the dog, BEWARE OF THE WIFE!!!!"

[SIZE=14pt]i have one in my tack room that says, "I am a stable person" and another that says, "Nobody notices how you ride until you fall off!"
default_smile.png
Nikki
[/SIZE]

Have one over my wash stall says, " I clean horses, not houses" - that is pretty much right.
I definitely want the one about cleaning horses -not houses!!! That is ME!!!! :aktion033: My barn is clean, my house is a mess....

:bgrin :bgrin me too!!! i can't believe there is one i don't have!!!

i have a bunch of signs... the AZ statute on the front gate... on the big horse pasture, "this pasture ruled by a PAINT horse" - the Texas star hanging on my donkey jack's pen since he is from Texas... over the row of mini halter racks in the barn it says "miniature horse lane". in the house is "have you hugged your horse today". and on the trailers i have tons of cool bumper stickers... my favorite is "i can clean 30 stalls before breakfast - what can YOU do?" and of course "horsework before housework" and "the only stock i buy has four legs" and "ask me about my horse - have you got all day?". besides the several "i love my..." stickers... i know there are more but i can't think of them right now. even my truck's license plate holder says "my other car is a horse"... and i have stuffed horses all across the dash of both the car and the truck, and horseshoe nail crosses hanging from both rearviews... not to mention the horse T-shirts I live in during the summer... and of course the refrigerator magnets!!! geez can't forget those...

overboard? who me?????

My barn sign says;; Spoiled Rotten Horses Live Here. :lol: Joanie

On Mr. Cashews stall it says "Caution horse with an attitude"!

And another one on the workroom door that says "Hard work makes champions"

Another one that says

"The only difference between this place and the Titanic is they had a band"!

I also have that one at school.
default_rolleyes.gif
:

I also have one that says "If your to afraid to do it then it is important that you do it"!

Bonnie

I'm not sure how well you can see it but I made this sign for our foaling stall

it says eagles ring foals on top on baby blocks then fillies on one side and colts on the other side (each letter painted on a tiny block ) I painted 2 carousel horses from a stensel and glued a tiny pink and blue bear on each side and then I bought alot of little picture frames for a pic and their name of each foal we have the pics on it are from the last 2 years we just had a colt born Sunday but I haven't added him yet. As you can see our colt side is winning 3 to 1. hope to balance it out this year.

Lori

xenasBaby2-11-07018.jpg

Little Wee Horse Farm,

Bless the beasts & children, for in this world, they have no choice; for in this world, they have no voice."

That has been my "signature" on forums for years now......

Anne

[SIZE=14pt]We have 1 in the drive that says, (Miniature Horse Crossing)[/SIZE]

One on the barn that a friend made for me that say, (Mareternity Ward)

One on the Brat Pack barn given to us by Lindsey of Charmed Minis that says,

(Beware of Attack Horse) :bgrin

and of coarse (NO SMOKING)

Our sign is on my black stallions stall and says Caution Attack Horse. He used to bite and the sign has stayed more as a joke than anything.

Latest posts

Back