Showmanship AMHR

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

georgiegirl

Reaction score
I wondered if someone could tell me, right quick, if you have to have a collar on the shirt or jacket you use for showmanship in AMHR Ammy SMS??

I have dial up so it would take me forever to download the rules and I dont have a rule book.

Thanking you in advance
default_biggrin.png

There is no rule about a collar on the shirt. You must however wear a jacket, boot, hat & gloves. A huge part of the score is presentation so be sure everything is clean and neat

Good Morning,

In the 2008 ASPC/AMHR rulebook, Part 29-Showmanhip, page 276-277:

B: Apprearnce of Exhibitor

1. 10 points-clothes and person neat and clean. Suitable Clothes:: Hats, Boots, Long Sleeve Shirts and Gloves are required.

Now, the majority of those that do participate in showmanship DO wear jackets, but they are not required. You can wear Jacket or Vest or just a long sleeved shirt. Most people on the local level will wear either the long sleeve shirt or a long sleeve shirt and vest together with their boots, gloves, and hat. When you get to the national show, then you will see mostly jackets in showmanship for both guys and gals. Makes the entire presentation neat, clean and crisp. Even though that horse is merely a prop, it needs to be groomed to compliment the entire picture.

Hope this helps.

Karen

oops sorry Karen. I have just never seen anyone do showmanship without a jacket LOL

Good Morning,
In the 2008 ASPC/AMHR rulebook, Part 29-Showmanhip, page 276-277:

B: Apprearnce of Exhibitor

1. 10 points-clothes and person neat and clean. Suitable Clothes:: Hats, Boots, Long Sleeve Shirts and Gloves are required.

Now, the majority of those that do participate in showmanship DO wear jackets, but they are not required. You can wear Jacket or Vest or just a long sleeved shirt. Most people on the local level will wear either the long sleeve shirt or a long sleeve shirt and vest together with their boots, gloves, and hat. When you get to the national show, then you will see mostly jackets in showmanship for both guys and gals. Makes the entire presentation neat, clean and crisp. Even though that horse is merely a prop, it needs to be groomed to compliment the entire picture.

Hope this helps.

Karen
Thank you very much for your replies.

I have a beautiful jacket that zips up the front and a black top to go under it. There is not a "collar" , per se, but the neck line of the jacket can be open a little to look like lapels. Have the black hat, gloves, pants, and boots so I think I am good to go.
default_biggrin.png

Hi there,

I just thought I'd share what I wear in Showmanship. Now, this picture was from a WCP driving class, but my showmanship class was not too long before and this is the same outfit I wore. Just remember that the hat, gloves, and boots are all important!
default_yes.gif

AMHRClassics2009George3.jpg

Good luck!

I wondered if someone could tell me, right quick, if you have to have a collar on the shirt or jacket you use for showmanship in AMHR Ammy SMS??
I have dial up so it would take me forever to download the rules and I dont have a rule book.

Thanking you in advance
default_biggrin.png
Maybe what you're thinking about is Pinto (or some other "big" horse) rules. In Pinto there must be a collar but they have gotten around that by allowing a necklace (or almost anything around the neck) to be considered a "collar".

Latest posts

Back