Seen any good(or bad) movies lately?:)

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jacks'thunder

Reaction score
The weather has been sooooo bad grabbing a blanket and watching a good movie has been the way to go around here! LOL

We just seen these in the last few weeks!

The place beyond the pines with Ryan Gosling and Bradley Cooper ~ I really wanted this movie to be good! But I had a hard time getting into it, not my cup of tea.

Man of Steel (cutest Super Man ever!!!!!
default_worshippy.gif
LOL!) ~ I liked it alot!

Iron Man 3 ~ Loved it! I'm a fan of this series and I think Robert Downy Jr. plays that roll to perfection!

The Loan Ranger with Johnny Depp ~ I liked it. All the reviews just beat it down, but I liked it and felt it was worth watching for sure!

Any one else seen any good (or bad) movies lately?

I watched the movie "the odd life of timothy green" last night and it was good enough to stay up way too late to finish the story to the end.. It made me cry too. I'm such a sucker for that kind of movie. Waiting and looking forward for lone ranger to come on the free channels. I love westerns and anything with johnny depp (gilbert grape and benny and joon for example).

Last edited by a moderator:
I have hear the movie "saving mr banks" is excellent. Its the disney mary poppins story. I want to see it. I just watched the trailer. Tom hanks. looks good.

The reviews for the Lone Ranger were so bad that I didn't think I would watch it, thanks for saying it was good. My hubby loves westerns and then there is Johnny Depp with a bird on his head, might be good for a giggle.

Has anyone seen Safe Harbor? I like some of the actors but not sure if the movie itself would be good enough to watch.

Tom Hanks is great, I'm looking forward to watching the one where he is the captain dealing with pirates.

I've seen too many movies lately to name. We did watch The Lone Ranger last night and really enjoyed it. Johnny Deep made the movie. It is cheesy in some scenes but it's good. We watched The Butler last weekend, and it was also really good.

Lucky, did you mean Safe Haven? If so, I loved that movie. My mom thought it was too slow, but even my husband enjoyed it. I think it is Nicholas Sparks' best movie/story yet, besides The Lucky One.

We enjoyed The Lone Ranger too because of Johnny Depp. Always reliable with him in a movie. Those good for a laugh scenes!

The Hunger Games series-saw Catching Fire and enjoyed it. They are getting the essence of the books. Looking forward to the third, Mockingjay.

Saving Mr. Banks-a definite pleasant surprise. Cried slightly at the end. Think my husband even got teary. It's really not about Disney's Mary Poppins movie, it's about the author. Can't tell it and spoil it; but it is good.

Didn't like the two last Hobbit movies. Thought they were missing a lot of the elements of the first three.

Django was really good as was the Butler.

There are many I wanted to see or want to see. Walking with Dinosaurs looked like a cute animation. Didn't see it.

Saw FROZEN a couple of weeks ago. It's an animated movie and it was just wonderful, fabulous, marvellous ....... and it was good too LOL.

Enjoyed Hobbit 2, missed 1 for some reason. A lot of action, lots of seriously ugly Orcs, fabulous dragon, amazing sets. I enjoyed it thoroughly.

Oh I love those Despicable Me movies too!!!! We saw them both at the theater. The way those minions laugh is so contagious, you have to giggle when they do! All 3 of us here enjoy animated movies a lot. I feel they are good family movies. We loved Tangled! My hubby laughed so hard at that horse and my son loved the chemelion (SP?). Brave, another good one! I'd like to see Frozen!

I saw the first Hobbit when it came out on the movie channels. I thought it was good, not as good as LOTR trilogy but I sat and watched it twice so for me it was good. I like these epic fantasy movies so I can't wait to see the beautiful dragon( Smaug??) and beautiful scenery in the second one.

I'm a Vin Diesel fan so I want to see Riddick. I have seen Pitch Black and The Chronicles of Riddick so many times I almost know them both by heart! LOL!

The next one I'd like to see is Dredd. It's the remake of Judge Dredd with Sylvester Stallone. I can't seem to find any info on DirecTV. I'll just keep scanning the guide until one day it shows up! LOL!

Reactions: Tab
I know its been out awhile but I love Rise of the guardians and actually only just saw it last month. Nice surprise.

I can also can and do watch the movies "ever after" and "ladyhawke" over and over and over again. Oldies but goodies.

The next one I'd like to see is Dredd. It's the remake of Judge Dredd with Sylvester Stallone. I can't seem to find any info on DirecTV. I'll just keep scanning the guide until one day it shows up! LOL!
We like sci fi action movies, but I looked up Dredd on Netflix and it says very violent, sexual scenes, and drug use. Eeek. We are selective about R movies; this one looks a little dark. Anyone actually seen it? Sometimes I leave the room and let hubby watch the gore by himself. I couldn't watch most of Iron Man 3 because of all the blowing up.

What is with all this destruction lately in movies? I wonder if it is "virtual", so they can just let themselves go!

We like some foreign films. "Black Lightning" is Russian sci fi; we've seen it twice. And we liked "The Seven Samari". Time to order that one for a re-view.

Just watched "Tears of the Sun" with Bruce Willis. That seemed like a different movie for him. It is modern warfare.

The "Arrow" series was very enjoyable. We don't have TV, so we never saw it when it was a series. But it was entertaining Netflix fare.

We like sci fi action movies, but I looked up Dredd on Netflix and it says very violent, sexual scenes, and drug use. Eeek. We are selective about R movies; this one looks a little dark. Anyone actually seen it? Sometimes I leave the room and let hubby watch the gore by himself. I couldn't watch most of Iron Man 3 because of all the blowing up.

What is with all this destruction lately in movies? I wonder if it is "virtual", so they can just let themselves go!

We like some foreign films. "Black Lightning" is Russian sci fi; we've seen it twice. And we liked "The Seven Samari". Time to order that one for a re-view.

Just watched "Tears of the Sun" with Bruce Willis. That seemed like a different movie for him. It is modern warfare.

The "Arrow" series was very enjoyable. We don't have TV, so we never saw it when it was a series. But it was entertaining Netflix fare.
Actually I did see some of it and really enjoyed it. The destruction and blowing up things was crazy! So probably not your cup of tea lol! As for the sexual scenes I don't remember or I missed that part, but there was definitely drug use. That was the basis of the movie IMO. But I'd really like to see it from beginning to end. I enjoyed the main character, if I remember correctly(at least from what I saw) he went through most of the movie with out showing his face. I think thats pretty cool! But it was violent, for sure.

I know its been out awhile but I love Rise of the guardians and actually only just saw it last month. Nice surprise.

I can also can and do watch the movies "ever after" and "ladyhawke" over and over and over again. Oldies but goodies.
Let me think, with out looking it up, Ever After had Drew Berrymore in it? If so it's been a while but I liked that one!

Just watched THE HELP last night and really enjoyed it.Hoping to see Twelve Years a Slave soon.I also enjoy any movie made from any book written by John Jakes.
Great movie! I cried and laughed and cried! It was great!

and of course... "the notebook". is a great movie.

Yes, ever after had Drew Barrymore in it. One of my all time favorite movies. Put that one on my kindle.

I watched one not long ago and believed it was called Tuchback or Tuchbreak.... or something like that.

It was a pretty good one on showtime.

I've seen too many movies lately to name. We did watch The Lone Ranger last night and really enjoyed it. Johnny Deep made the movie. It is cheesy in some scenes but it's good. We watched The Butler last weekend, and it was also really good.

Lucky, did you mean Safe Haven? If so, I loved that movie. My mom thought it was too slow, but even my husband enjoyed it. I think it is Nicholas Sparks' best movie/story yet, besides The Lucky One.
Yes I did mean Safe Haven, I like David Lyons and is also in the other movie but I think that's too violent for me. I think I will try the Lone Ranger and ignore the critics.

I haven't seen the new Hobbit movies, they don't look as interesting as the trio of movies.

I can't wait to see 12 Years a Slave, parts of that story take place where I live and he and his family are buried nearby.

I got a good laugh out of Identity Theft, I really like Melissa McCarthy. We watched a movie a couple weeks ago and I was surprised I liked it, it was David the Giant Killer I think the name was.

I got a good laugh out of Identity Theft, I really like Melissa McCarthy. We watched a movie a couple weeks ago and I was surprised I liked it, it was David the Giant Killer I think the name was.
Jack The Giant Slayer (unless were thinking two completely different movies! LOL!)? I liked that movie too! Those giants were nasty and ugly! It was an exciting adventure movie for sure.

I like Melissa McCarthy too! I'd like to see Heat with her and Sandra Bullock.

I'm recording EPIC on Sat. That movie looks like a really good animation film. Anyone seen it yet?

I forgot we had just seen The Call with Halley Berry(sp?). Wow was that movie intense from beginning to end!!

Latest posts

Back