Richard and I have been dateing a month

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shadowsmystictopaz

Reaction score
Its beeen a whole month on friday. I am so excited about seeing Richard on friday. I am thrilled to say that the whole month has been the most fun ever. I get to have him on weekends and every weekend brings alot of fun. I must admit that during the week when he is in school it is hard. I miss him and dont know what to do to keep myself busy. Any advice would be appreciated.

Just remember to have "your" life and NOT wrap your life ALL up in his. Keep yourself busy and don't be pinning away. People don't like clingy people or if they do then they've got a self esteem issue going on. You want to be self assured so that when you come together you BRING something to the relationship NOT take away from it. Be with your friends, come on to LB, if your in school then do your homework, help out around the house, clean your room, WATCH the news, read the newspaper, find out about what is going on in this world besides just your little surroundings of what you have with him. You'll bring more to the relationship. If he's THREATENED by that then he's not for you. If he's INTERESTED and wants to know more then he's the kinda guy your looking to see more of. Remember this is just a stepping stone in your life, your learning how to pick a partner. Your learning how to be treated and how to treat one. It's all about respect and give and take.

Don't forget to have fun, enjoy your self, don't take life to serious, don't take the relationship so serious, just take it for what it's worth. Your young and you have your whole life ahead of you. I know you've probably been told that before but it's true. Just enjoy the good feelings you have but listen to the cautions in your head.

Anyway, that's my advice take it for what it's worth. I wish when I was young someone would have told me these same things. TJ

Just wanted to say that word for word of what TJ shared above, is AWESOME advice.
default_yes.gif
Take heed, and just about all I can think of to add is just take things "one day at a time".
default_wink.png

For "busy" stuff, just pursue your own personal interests during your times alone...what kind of interests do you have? Crafts, horses, pets, family, etc. Just do things that bring personal joy for yourself, and it will give you LOTS to "share" at times you are with Richard. He'll be interested in your day, just as you are in his....which goes back to all that TJ has already stated.
default_wub.png

default_aktion033.gif
CONGRATULATIONS on your milestone in celebrating your first month together!
default_wub.png

Thanks all I appreciate all the wonderful advice. I emailed a rfriend of mine this morning to see if she has free time during the week so I shall see if i can do something with her. You are all correct on enjoying life and the relationship. Its been alot of fun so far and I am really proud to be his GF.

Andrea

My husband is in the military (Army National Guard), and does a lot of extra training throughout the year. I believe that this coming year he'll be doing more officer training classes to upgrade to Captain. My advice would be if you don't already have a hobby, to find one. I paint, make jewelry (have a jewelry business with him), and of course I show my mom's minis and help out with them when I can. Also spending time with family and friends helps too. I normally end up with my family, since I only have one friend that didn't leave this area.

It helps a lot when you have something to keep our mind off missing him
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back