Registration Question

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kkay3702

Reaction score
So I've been working with a Mini whose practicly mine (owner calls me his Mom). I brought him to a couple shows in-hand against the big boys(bigger horses) and he was placing quite well. I also brought him to the Linda Best Benefit and he got a couple blues and did really well (especially since I have no clue). So we were thinking to get him registered and bring him to a couple shows. All we have is his breeding certificate. His Dad is Roan Ranger (AMHA/AMHR) and his Mom is Ocala's Grey Lady(AMHA/AMHR). I'm not quite sure where to go from here..
default_unsure.png
he's 7 now will that be a problem since we was never registered?

I believe to get him registered AMHA you will first have to confirm that a breeding report was filed for his parents that year. If one was not, then they will have to send an amended report. You will then need to send in a registration application with pictures, and because he is more than two years old you will also have to have him DNA'd and PQ'd. I'm not sure what R would require, but I'm sure it's a similar process (sans PQing).

Do your friends own the mare? Because that would be the owner of the foal and along with the breeding certificate you will need the mare owner to apply for the registration.

You can call AMHA and ask if the mare was on the stallion report for the breeding year. Roan Ranger is now deceased but I would bet he WAS DNA'd....was a well known sire. While you have AMHA on the phone, confirm that the mare has been DNA'd, as that will be necessary to get the PQ.

Are you sure of the parentage? Roan Ranger's last foal was in 1998, so for one to be born in 2002 might not be right. But either way, he would have to be parent qualifed and the mare you listed, Ocalas Gray Lady, is not DNA tested. If she is alive you would stand a chance, but if she isn't then there is no way to do that now. Now all of that is with AMHA.

If you have the paperwork for AMHR it will be different. As long as you have an application signed by the breeder/owner and a stallion report was filed, and a signed transfer, you can still register him. But I will tell you, the mare's AMHR papers are not in the same name as her AMHA papers.

Just make sure you check the names and have the right ones. Could Roan Ranger actually be SG Roan Ranger?

hm it could be SG Roan Ranger I'll have to double check that I took a quick glance at it to remember the names. I'll have to double check the foaling year too since I'm not 100% sure if hes that old I went by the coggins age. It said on the sales contract I'll double check

Latest posts

Back