Question

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leeapachemoon

Reaction score
If your AMHR mini gets to be over 38" by the time they are 3 are you able to register them as an ASPC instead? Hope it never happens but just wondering.

I don't have a rule book here in front of me, if you have one, look there, but if I remember correctly, in order to register ASPC it needs to be done before age three.

Unless your horse's sire and dam were ASPC/AMHR registered; you cannot register your mini as ASPC. Only ASPC shetlands who fall in the miniature height range can apply for AMHR registry; which is done through having them measured by both an accredited AMHR judge and steward at a sanctioned show. They will have the proper paperwork for that. (And if by some chance I am wrong-I apologize in advance).
default_wacko.png

I guess if he gets over 38" we are just outta luck. I haven't actually measured him yet but I hope he doesn't get too much bigger.
default_rolleyes.gif

Unless your horse's sire and dam were ASPC/AMHR registered; you cannot register your mini as ASPC. Only ASPC shetlands who fall in the miniature height range can apply for AMHR registry; which is done through having them measured by both an accredited AMHR judge and steward at a sanctioned show. They will have the proper paperwork for that. (And if by some chance I am wrong-I apologize in advance).
default_wacko.png
Almost right
default_smile.png
They do not have to be measured at show to hardship AMHR. Just have to had a judge and steward come to your home and measure them or you can do it at a show. Either way.

Miniatures cannot hardship into ASPC.

Kay

I guess if he gets over 38" we are just outta luck. I haven't actually measured him yet but I hope he doesn't get too much bigger.
default_rolleyes.gif
You can still show ADS shows!
default_biggrin.png
We don't care what size your horse is. If it goes over 39" at the withers, you can just show him in the Small Pony division!
default_aktion033.gif

ASPC is a breed registry, AMHR is just a height registry. So in order to register one in ASPC both parents must be ASPC registered. An ASPC pony can be registered into AMHR as long as its under 38" by hardship.

You can always register your mini if he goes over into NSPR. This registry is part of AMHR/ASPC. As long as one parent is AMHR or ASPC registered they can go into NSPR.

http://www.shetlandmini.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=69&Itemid=68

Latest posts

Back