Question about clipper blades

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

georgiegirl

Reaction score
I just got a new pair of clippers and I would like to know what you use to clean the blades when they get a lot of hair in them when clipping.

I have always clipped big horses that didnt have the very soft, fluffy hair that the minis have. I have used WD 40 for a long time, but it doesnt seem to do the trick when clipping minis.

Thank you in advance
default_biggrin.png

I just got a new pair of clippers and I would like to know what you use to clean the blades when they get a lot of hair in them when clipping.
I have always clipped big horses that didnt have the very soft, fluffy hair that the minis have. I have used WD 40 for a long time, but it doesnt seem to do the trick when clipping minis.

Thank you in advance
default_biggrin.png
The product I use is called Blade Wash and you dip just the moving blade part in while it's running. Then you have to wipe it off and put a drop or two of oil on the blade because the blade wash is not a lubricant.

Dipping the blades (not deep) in plain old rubbing alcohol works well and is cheap.
default_biggrin.png
Do it while the clippers are running. It cleans the hair out and cools them down to a degree. They don't cool as well as with Cool Lube, but it is an easy solution.

What ever you use ALWAYS use a drop or two of clipper oil afterwards. I have found my clippers are noisier after I use Cool Lube. Unless I use a drop or two of clipper oil afterwards.
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back