Pumpkin pie reciipe for those that asked me for it.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danielle_E.

Reaction score
Here is the recipe I used this year for our Thanksgiving and it's a true keeper.

You need to use fresh pumpkin, not the canned stuff and it truly is not difficult to do. Get a small pumpkin but if you can't find a small one then cook it all and put the extra in freezer bags and use up later.

First cut your pumpkin and remove seeds and rind and chop into cubes. Put in a sauce pan and put just a tad water, pumpkin flesh has already alot of moisture and cook it on low until it becomes very soft. Put in batches in the blender and puree.

Now you are ready to start the pie.

Ingredients:

1 1/2 pints of vanilla ice cream, softened

3 eggs

1 3/4 cups of pumpkin puree

3/4 cup white sugar

1/2 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon

1/4 teaspoon of ground ginger

1/4 teaspoon of ground nutmeg

2 (9 inch) unbaked pie shells (make your own or buy them frozen)

Directions:

Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).

In large bowl whisk together the eggs. Stir in the pumpkin puree, sugar, salt, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg.

Mix in soften icre cream until smooth. Pour filling into the two 9 inch unbaked pie shells. (At this point I sprinkled some cinnamon and nutmeg (a little) on the top of the pie more for the look than the taste).

Bake for 15 minutes in the preheated oven. Reduce temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C), and bake

an additional 30 to 40 minutes, or until the filling is set.

Serve with a dollop of fresh whipped cream
default_biggrin.png

Someone asked for our recipe for Ragout. I will post it when I am feeling a bit better, in the next couple of days hopefully.

default_saludando.gif
Back to bed for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
P.S. Sorry about typos and missed letters, etc. etc., this flu, H1N1 truly kicks you in the pants big time. The recipe is now corrected.
default_saludando.gif
Okay, time for a HOT bath, AGAIN
default_no.gif

There you are!!!!!!!!!

Dani, look above at the pinned post "Join our Christmas Store"

and get thee moving!

Missing you!
default_wub.png

Latest posts

Back