Pregnancy test

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pooper scooper

Reaction score
[SIZE=12pt]Has any one had experinece with the Wee Foal pregnancy test? Is is accurate? Would you recommend it? The vets around here have a hard time ultrasounding my minis. I want to know it a mare I bought is pregnant or not. Where do you buy them and what is the cost? Thanks.[/SIZE]

I've used both Foal Proof and Wee Foal Checker tests - so far 100% accuracy
default_yes.gif
:

Not sure where in the US you get them, I get mine locally (NZ) from the supplier/manufacturer.

I would highly recommend either of them.

I used it on my mare last year and it correctly identified her as pregnant. I'm sure I"ll use it again this year. Wish it worked sooner
default_smile.png

Jessi

So far (out of 6) I have had 100% accuracy. Five bred and one open. I plan to test some more this year. For me, FoalProof and PregnaMare have not been quite as accurate, but that may have been due to my not performing the test correctly.

I have used both with 100% accuracy. Just be careful you don;t waste your money and test when not within the specified time range. There are set days of gestation that they work in. Be sure your mare(s) are well within that specified range.

I have used the urine based test too, it was correct when it said not pregnant.

Going to use it again on the same mare this year, she just flippes with ultrasounding, so don´t want to risk it again.

Latest posts

Back