Politically incorrect??? Says who?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AppyLover2

Reaction score
In March 2005, this song was performed at a Diamond Rio concert. They received an immediate standing ovation, and continue to do so every time they perform it! Sadly, major radio stations wouldn't play it because it was considered politically incorrect. Consequently, the song was never released to the public. If this song speaks to your heart, share it with friends and loved ones. Then let us cease being the silent majority and join together -- not as a particular political party, but as Americans!

Copy and paste ......http://gunbarrelcityradio.com/InGodWeStillTrust.wmv

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't like the song, not the kind of music I like to listen to. And I don't like the message in it.

But if was playing on the Radio I still have the choice to turn to another stataion.

Very pretty song and I like what it says.

Personally... flame away....I'm so tired of those of us that DO believe are not allowed to express it. :no:

Personally... flame away....I'm so tired of those of us that DO believe are not allowed to express it. :no:
I'm sure if you thought I was flaming, but just to clairifly I wasn't.

I do think that the song should be able to be aired. It may not be my thing but that does not mean that other people wont like it. And as I said before If I don't like it I don't have to listen to it because I have to power and right to change the radio channel.

I agree mini. I'm getting tired of being one of the silent majority. It did definitely "speak to my heart"; that's why I'm wanted to share it. Surely there's more than just you and I.

I don't think this song isn't played due to it's "political incorrectness" on your local major radio stations.

Radio stations play what is popular, and what is the sort of "type" of music it's general audience listens to.

If the song doesn't fit what the radio station is all about, that is probably why it's not played.

Here in SoCal, I am a "KROQ" type of gal. They play rock... and a lot of it is NOT politically correct. It has a lot of cussing and anti-everything sentiment. But that is what the majority of the listeners are looking to hear.

We have a local Christian rock station that the song you have brought up might fit in.

I think the song is performed well... but being Country and strongly Christian, it has a limited audience that it can play to, as listeners must like both genres.

It's not my type of song, but I have heard all sorts of music played on the radio and I just don't see your song being that controversial. You just might not have a local radio station that plays that sort of music. It's just how the radio industry works.

We had a couple large Country stations here, and now they are suddenly gone. Many listeners were upset, it's not that we don't have a market for that sort of station but the industry went a different direction in our immediate area.

Andrea

Well I would buy it but the message is controversial and many more would want to listen if it were a hard rock band that recorded it I guess.

AMEN!!!!! I feel the same way, for example, about "Christmas" (yes that's Christmas, NOT Xmas!) - why do we now have to call it "holiday break"?? When I was a kid, the majority said and did what they wanted and the minority didn't have to participate if they didn't want to... how has it changed to be that the minority is now telling the majority what they CAN'T do??? And we were in a parade last weekend where I was very disappointed to see that no one stood and removed their hats when the flags went by. Even last year we had bunches of people still respecting our flag...

Oh, don't get me started!!!

Personally... flame away....I'm so tired of those of us that DO believe are not allowed to express it.
:aktion033: I loved the song, thanks alot for sharing. I have passed it along to all my friends, and they like it to.
default_yes.gif
:

PC or not, Diamond Rio could sing ANYTHING and I'd like it.
default_wink.png
: I got to see them up close and personal when they came to our town years ago in a small high school gym and I was in the front row. Loved them before that concert and oh so much more after! :bgrin

I agree with Disney bottom line Radio stations play what is popular and if this song isnt being played on rotation I would guess while some may love it the majority dont. Perhaps it will be on religious stations on some kind of rotation?

Latest posts

Back