Please tell me about ~~Foal Cams~~

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sphynx~n~minis

Reaction score
Ok,

So my husbands new perfect Parelli trail horse is in foal.... we have only had her sense Nov 25. we got the call confirming my suspisions she is confirmed in foal and due end of Feb, begining of March. The vet could not give us a date but she said soon. After back tracking where this Mare had been she was in with a 2 year old Draft cross...... ERRRRRRRRRRRRR

I never planned on having a foal so have not paid to much attention to the foal cams other than watching, can somebody tell me about them.

My barn is quite a distance from the house, is it wireless? How expensive is the cam? Do they rent the set-ups? How do you get it on a web-server so I could watch her from work? Anyone have one in NH that they are not using that would be willing to rent it out for a few months? Any help would be greatly appriciated. Thanks Kathy

Heather @ Marestare recommended this cam to me, it is so non expensive and so far it has been working great, i have it plugged into the DVD player and on my TV.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/disp...temnumber=91202

You can buy longer cable from Radio Shack if you need it...comes in 50, 150 and 500 ft cables you can buy.

Then, if you want to put it on marestare or you computer, you have to buy a video capture device, like the Dazzle is what allot of people use. It plugs into your computers USB and then the cords on the cam cable plug into that (since the plugs on that cable cannot plug directly into your computer).
default_smile.png

I should have my cam up sometime near the end of march..

I am so glad someone asked that question, I have been doing more reading than posting........new to minis and have just one mare.....not so much interested in having her on Marestare but have been trying to figure out how to monitor more easily than sleeping in the barn, or having no sleep....I am very non technical, so if I by this and hook up to my dvd player with camera in barn and cable to dvd I could see what I need to see?? For 60.00?????

Oh that is exactly what I need, I don't think I need marestare, just something while we are at home at night to keep an eye on her, I too don't want to spend alot, as I don't plan on any other foals. It is along way down to my barn on cold snowy nights, this would help out greatly. Thank you.

Can someone tell me where to get a wireless camera setup with night vision, does Harbor freight have wireless? Thanks for your help.

Latest posts

Back