Pictures of Collie puppies

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reble

Reaction score
Results of WANT TO GUESS how many puppies she will have? Finally back on to share.

Sable White headed, lassie collies very rare to get, and I had 3 very excited and such a big litter.

Ladies9puppies.jpg

One white one died mom learnt her lesson the hard way. Sat on him.

The other runt one is with my other female.

Only 8 teats and 10 puppies left, thought would be better to give the runt a fighting chance.

Doing well, put peanut butter on butt, boy Papillion mom loved him.

He has white collar

Pearlandcolliepup.jpg

Pearlandcolliepup2.jpg

Just wanted to share, missed you guys lot of reading to catch up on. Computer down since last Thursday.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations on your puppies! :aktion033: Sorry you lost one....but that is awsome that your Papillion adopted the other collie pup! All your puppies are adorable!
default_wub.png
:

Oh I'm reminded of the story of the Ugly Duckling. (not that there is anything ugly about those lovely pups) BUT the swan was lazy and laid her egg in the duck nest and poor mom duck had this big grey duck that sure looked out of place and took up a big piece of her nest. What a shock when that collie pup grows and doesn't have those lovely butterfly ears! What a good mom and the pups are precious!

Oh they look great!!! I can't wait to see more pictures as they grow. We have an almost 1yo blue merle rough collie named Kelsey and love her so much!

That's so sweet- she KNOWS he's a cygnet though- not one of her Ducklings
default_smile.png

Those white pups would be unshowable over here- that is termed a "mismark"- they can be registered, but I do not believe people would bother.

You should maybe contact some UK breeders and take them over!!

Just goes to show there is a place for everyone, somewhere!!!

Pictures of the rough white collie with blue merle head and sable head, what they will look like mature.

I have been trying for pure whites for 10 years. These pure whites will be sold for more than the others.

CollieMerleheaded.jpg

CollieSablehead.jpg

[SIZE=14pt]My friend Judy Evans Clarion Collies and Miniatures is a breeder /international Judge. She has this fabulous male that I have loved.[/SIZE]

f33f4a4e.jpg

You should get in touch with her . She lives in NY near Binghamton.

Lyn

Strange isn't it?? They would not be looked at over here and, to be brutally honest, they do not take my eye, either. Breeding for white in Collies- as you are obviously very aware, is a very dangerous thing.

Since it is contrary to the breed standard- in that they would be useless to work sheep, I cannot see it being accepted over here.

Traditionally, all breeds of collies, have coloured bodies.

Still , it takes all sorts, I guess, and it is certainly not lowering the standard of the dog within the coat, that is plain.
default_smile.png

Gotta love those color headed whites.. to get those you have to have 2 white factored parents.. one way to see if you have a white factored dog is to look at they hind leg if the white goes from foot to belly and meets the white on its belly it is a white factored dog.. way i am understanding it and from what other breeders have said only bad cross in collies and shelties is merle to merle that results in blind and or deaf puppies. but breeding 2 white factored or color headed collies together is not dangerous.

Sherry

my neighbor also breeds Shelties and she has had several color headed whites they are always the first to go and she basically can name her price for them.

Pictures of Mom lot of white and Son of the father I bred, he is only 6 months, he looked alot like Dad, but not sure of the white legs will check with the owner. Son does not have the white legs.

LadyandTobycolours.jpg

LadyandTobeyColours2.jpg

I still think the whites are gorgious.

Did find this info

White Collies can only be produced when bred to another White Collie, or to a white-factored Collie. A white-factor is a dog that carries the white gene, but is not white itself. It can usually be detected by the large white collar and the unique marking on the back leg. The white extends in an unbroken line all the way up the inside of the back leg and is visible by looking at the dog from the side.

Pictures of Mom lot of white and Son of the father I bred, he is only 6 months, he looked alot like Dad, but not sure of the white legs will check with the owner. Son does not have the white legs.

LadyandTobycolours.jpg

LadyandTobeyColours2.jpg

I still think the whites are gorgious.
Found this information

White Collies are healthy. What I mean here is that the White gene itself does not affect the health.

This is not to be confused with a Double Dilute white Collie which can have health problems and are often born without eyes or deaf. They also suffer from internal problems such as liver and kidney problems and if they live through the first few weeks, usually die at an early age because of the internal problems. There have been many Double Dilutes that have been grown out and lived long and productive lives, but this is the exception. If bred, it can only produce a Merle. The Double Dilute can only occur when two Merles are bred together and that offspring inherites a Dominant dilution gene from each parent..thus the Double Dilute.

I have learnt alot on this forum about my collies thanks everyone.

Well guys that theory of white back legs from the toes to the belly, is out the window.

The owner of Lassie, I bred with has just white feet to the ankle on both back legs.

Shown the same as his Son.

Mother Nature I guess only decides.

Any more information, on this white gene, would be appreciated.

Called the Vet and left a message. Just wondering about a test.

Thanks

Really? did he have any body white? or was he a typically marked Collie? Every collie that my neighbor and i have had that has had the white on the hind leg has went on and produced CHW's when bred with another White factored dog. Those that dont have the white up the leg have never produced a CHW... Have you ever used the color calculator to see what percentages of your litter would be what carriers and colors? If you havent and would like the site I can send it to you. Just let me know.. So far for us it has been right on everytime..

Sherry

Really? did he have any body white? or was he a typically marked Collie? Every collie that my neighbor and i have had that has had the white on the hind leg has went on and produced CHW's when bred with another White factored dog. Those that dont have the white up the leg have never produced a CHW... Have you ever used the color calculator to see what percentages of your litter would be what carriers and colors? If you havent and would like the site I can send it to you. Just let me know.. So far for us it has been right on everytime..

Sherry

No he was a typical collie front legs white and white colar, little slash on his nose and his white on his legs only little more than his son's just above angles, Owner says not much on back legs. I was shocked, after reading what can tell the white gene.

I will try to get a picture of him, but will not be untill he comes to pick out a puppy in another 3 weeks or so.

Yes I would like the chart.

In Collies in particular, Merle X Merle = Lethal White, which also occurs in Cats and is different to the lethal white in Frame horses.

Lethal white will affect the whole litter- they will often be born alive and can either die within hours or live normally up to the time when their eyes open- when they are found to have no eyes and need to be destroyed.

Too much white on any dog can and does result in deafness.

So, basically there is a double problem in breeding white Collies.

My blue merle collie, Kelsey, has a squiggle of white kind of to the side of her back. Now that her coat is long, it's not as easily noticed, but I like it
default_wub.png
: Collies are really wonderful dogs and companions.

Latest posts

Back