PICS PICS and more PICS Rhaps foaled COLT 4/30, Lovie 2 4/23 filly, Dixie 3/30 colt, Crissy 3/29 fil

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She is very restless
default_thumbup.gif

Liz, are you watching?

Oh CONGRATULATIONS Liz and Rhapsody - what a fabulous little colt - bet he doesn't realise all the trouble you have gone to Liz, to get him safely on the ground!! Well done to you, he's a lucky little boy!!
default_thumbup.gif

Hope all goes well with him and Rhaps from now on.
default_yes.gif

She foaled standing up and Liz helped him out, I coulnd't see why though as she had her bum facing the far gate.

I couldn't work out if it was Liz wanting her up or just Rhapsody, I think the foal needed help but I am not 100% as I couldn't see

Oh dear, I think Liz is going to have to move that other mare and foal if possible. Rhaps is obviously not going to settle with someone else next door, she's so very protective - most of my girls are like that too, which is why we have solid walls but open fronts so they can still see each other across the passage - we had a mare accidently knock her foal over and she trod on its leg in her rush at the mare next door, so in went the solid panels!!

That colt is certainly a big boy - look at those legs!! And I love his colouring.
default_yes.gif

Hi gals sorry for the long delay in info..........

Rhaps went into labor around 2;30 this pm and was laboring for 1hr 45 min with no progress so went in to check things out and it was a red bag so tryed to pull it out enough to see to cut open but wasent budging so Jackie with her finger nails had to go in and tear it inside once that was done had to find feet which were twisted, untwisted and Jackie and I pulled untill the little man was out.....IT WAS NOT MY IDEA to have a stand up birth but Rhaps wanted it that way....vet was called to check both Rhaps and Phantom out and both got clean bill of health so..........I wanted to thank all of you for timeless hours watching my mares each and every single one of you are awesome...........will be posting pics Thank You All.................

Oh my gosh
default_ohnoes.jpg
that is so scary!!! A red bag that was stuck! You guys are so awesome for getting that little guy out alive! Congratulations on the handsome little loud colored colt! Thank God he was okay and momma too!

Well he's gorgeous! So glad you knew what to do, and helped out . You guys saved a life or maybe two! Great job, get some well deserved sleep!

Oh how scary!! Well done to both of you for saving this gorgeous little boy - Rhaps possibly too!
default_thumbup.gif

No wonder it took a while for poor Rhaps to settle down and watching Phantom, he too, seemed to look as though he was amazed to find himself here and not sure what to do about it!

1.35am and they are both resting quietly - hope you are enjoying your sleep Liz, you deserve it.
default_yes.gif

Thanks for the explanation Liz, I wasn't sure if it was a dystocia or what because of her being turned away. Well done to you and Jackie for being excellent midwives
default_thumbup.gif

He sure is a gorgeous boy
default_smile.png

FANTASTIC SAVE!!! Congratulations on a job done perfectly!!

He's just a beautiful little boy!!!

They are both relaxed and sleeping now. So pretty -- momma standing guard!

Liz, is this the end of foaling season for you, or are there more to come? You've had a great year!!!
Hi Diane no this was it for year no more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and yes I`ve had a wonderful year and so thankful for that now I get to watch others hahahahahahha

Hi gals just wanted to let those of you know that I`ll be body clipping babys so I`ll post pics as I get them done.......this should be good
default_giveup.gif

Latest posts

Back