pics of silver dapple babies please

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Our little silver dapple guy thought he was a big horse running in the round pen like the show horses! He did not have a clue then at the time he was going to be a show horse too.

f885c682.jpg

*forgot to add we don't shut our round pen door, have had a baby go thru the bars and be locked away from mom before for a couple of hours, total panic time. So now we tie the door open so they can come and go as they please when we are not using it. That is why he was in there running, not because we were working him.
default_smile.png
Just wanted to clarify.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, didn't realize how much some of these babies look alike. Here's my silver black dapple as a baby (months old):

babyAwesome.jpg

Here he is last summer as a 3 yr old:

croppedtrot.jpg

"Sir Benjamins Lady Jane" B-4 and after clip

Jane4websave.jpg

janiebodyclipwebsave.jpg

These pictures where taken last year at 2 years old.....now at 3 looking at her out in the pasture she almost looks black, very dark charcoal color

Do you think our baby is a silver black? The dorsal stripe is confusing me.image.jpg

A better pic of her color.

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure, but I recently found out (based on people who told me on LB) that Bentley ( the one in my avatar) is a silver bay pinto. In the winter, he is as sorrel and any sorrel can be. BRIGHT red. But when he is shaved, he is a very shale-gray color. Especially on his back and his rump. He has some dappling on him. Well, take that back, I THINK he has dappling on him, but I'm not sure. But, my point is its what's underneath all the hair that counts, so I have learned ;) you have a gorgeous colt by the way
default_smile.png

I'm not sure, but I recently found out (based on people who told me on LB) that Bentley ( the one in my avatar) is a silver bay pinto. In the winter, he is as sorrel and any sorrel can be. BRIGHT red. But when he is shaved, he is a very shale-gray color. Especially on his back and his rump. He has some dappling on him. Well, take that back, I THINK he has dappling on him, but I'm not sure. But, my point is its what's underneath all the hair that counts, so I have learned ;) you have a gorgeous colt by the way
default_smile.png

Your pinto is beautiful! I guess the ony way to tell 100% is to have genetic testing done??

False dorsals are very common on silver foals. Outdoor photos in good lighting would help.

default_smile.png
Shalakominiatureshowhorses -

Here are some pics of our silver bay tobiano mare -

0921apr821.jpg
hours after birth - 4/21/09

090808flower984.jpg
not body clipped but baby coat shed - 8/8/09

11oct12flo532a.jpg
short winter coat - 12 October 2011.

12aug17fl510.jpg
Summer coat - 11 August 2012

12dec15flo361.jpg
16 December 2012 - winter coat

I can't wait to see what she's like this spring/summer when she's in condition from lite driving and shed out!! She'll be 4 yrs old in April.

So here is a pic of one of my silver snowcap foals, sired by a silver black Appaloosa. One is when he was born, another when clipped. You can barely see the blanket definition then.

Then another of a silver filly sired by the same stallion and out of a black near leopard mare, before and after clipping.

Mels09 colt rear L 10 days old.jpg

Ghost getting clipped 8 29 09.jpg

VixenBob filly front 4 20 2010.jpg

Vixen 10 filly Kitty 6 5 10 site.jpg

Latest posts

Back