Perreault Parade Ponies

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maewest4u

Reaction score
We have a wonderful time at the Arnold Independence Day parade in sunny California. My Appaloosa Phantom had pony ear plugs in a was very calm this time. Apache my pinto stopped in the middle of the parade and took a nice long piss. When he finished the bystanders clapped! Fun day for sure.

Attachments

• DB7C0E03-EC40-4369-8A16-C1972B3FBD13.jpeg
    DB7C0E03-EC40-4369-8A16-C1972B3FBD13.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
You and your ponies look so fantastic!!! I've entered in our very first parade locally, it's in less than a month. I'm not overly concerned about the behavior of the animals, providing they're put in an appropriate order (preferably towards the back) of the parade. I've purchased 1200 stickers to give out to the kids.
Is that something you do while you're parading? Do you engage with the spectators beyond just waving? Do you allow kids to pet them? Do you hand out candy? Any wisdom you can share with me?

You and your ponies look so fantastic!!! I've entered in our very first parade locally, it's in less than a month. I'm not overly concerned about the behavior of the animals, providing they're put in an appropriate order (preferably towards the back) of the parade. I've purchased 1200 stickers to give out to the kids.
Is that something you do while you're parading? Do you engage with the spectators beyond just waving? Do you allow kids to pet them? Do you hand out candy? Any wisdom you can share with me?
We have found the parades to be a wonderful hobby! You will love them. We have done 7 parades now and have a more lined up for the future. I will give you a few words of wisdom.
We arrive early enough to have plenty of time to get ready and allow petting at the trailer. Adults and children want to pet the horses. This is a wonderful time to socialize and educate. For safety reasons, we DO NOT allow petting during the parade. The stickers sound like an adorable idea. We have never handed out anything ,we just wave and smile. Be aware of dogs barking and lunging at your horses along the route. When the parade is halted, I do have a little speech about the horses names, ages and where we are from. We do use earplugs on the Appaloosa and they are extremely helpful to keep him calm. You may not have a choice ad to where you are in the lineup. We have been too close to some very loud entries.
After the parade is another good time to allow petting and hugging. The miniature horses have such a magical feeling about them and are a real crowd pleaser! Have a wonderful parade and please keep us posted.

Thank you so much for the advice! It's greatly appreciated. The parade rout will go past a couple of the care facilities that we visit, so we should see some friends familiar with the littles. I've got my nieces getting cardboard box farm animals (horses and a pig) built to wear and they'll hand out stickers from buckets as we go along. I'll definitely post pictures. That reminds me to go get paint!

Thank you so much for the advice! It's greatly appreciated. The parade rout will go past a couple of the care facilities that we visit, so we should see some friends familiar with the littles. I've got my nieces getting cardboard box farm animals (horses and a pig) built to wear and they'll hand out stickers from buckets as we go along. I'll definitely post pictures. That reminds me to go get paint!
How was the parade? Post some pictures we’d love to see you and your minis in the parade!

You should absolutely join it!!!!
You all have me thinking about parades. There is a small community Heroes parade in September. I will go and spectate this year and hopefully have my minis ready to go for next year.
Don’t wait! It’s really thrilling to be in a parade. Spectators are happy. You can show off your beautiful magical minis. The h
You all have me thinking about parades. There is a small community Heroes parade in September. I will go and spectate this year and hopefully have my minis ready to go for next year.

orses are excited and love the attention. You still have time to get them ready for a September parade.

Well guys, I got bested 😭 Thursday evening we went out to pack up the truck and trailer for Friday's parade and the truck wouldn't start. Battery was dead dead dead... So much so that the trickle charger couldn't even get a current happening. I thought I could boost it off the tractor, but it had gotten late.
We checked the weather forecast. Rain and cold!! Ugh!!! I checked with the moms whose children were going to be with us and all of them opted out. So we had no parade!!! The kids got their cardboard box animals to play with anyways and had loads of fun at their homes this weekend. I have a zillion stickers for next year... The universe was telling me loudly that the parade was a no go for us. I listened. I'm disappointed, but I trust that it was for a reason.

Yesterday my daughter and I went to a horse show instead. She won loads of ribbons including reserve champion halter horse with her warmblood mare. Mr. Donkey and I did showmanship and took 5th/11 and first in in-hand trail (not sure how many, but at least 3 of us..)

Back