Performance type boots - not splint boots

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

georgiegirl

Reaction score
I would like to know where to purchase, or if you can purchase, performance type horse boots for minis, such as the Pro Choice for big horses. I am looking for a support system, not just splint boots.

I see that some of the CDE people have them on their horses, so I presumer they are available somewhere.

Thank you in advance.

I bought a couple pairs many years ago, I believe off of eBay. They were not name brand, and Iv found that I dont like the neoprene used as there is very little ventilation.

I haven't found any good sport boot for the minis yet. I was actually trying to see if a big equine supplier that makes just about anything for the big horses and are known to make a high quality performance boot if they could make some for the minis. Never heard anything back, I had someone else try to talk to them but I'm guessing nothing back from them either. Maybe someday.

I wish that someone made them. A manufacturer is missing an opportunity.

In the new Miniature World magazine, which just came out, in the article on CDE, there is a photo of a horse that looks to have some type of performance boot on. Wonder what that is??

I would like to have a support boot so I can feel better about working my mini.

Maybe some one will take note and come up with something. I cant be the only person who would purchase.

I wish that someone made them. A manufacturer is missing an opportunity.

In the new Miniature World magazine, which just came out, in the article on CDE, there is a photo of a horse that looks to have some type of performance boot on. Wonder what that is??

I would like to have a support boot so I can feel better about working my mini.

Maybe some one will take note and come up with something. I cant be the only person who would purchase.
Your not. I did a post a while back asking if a big manufacturer made quality boots like the big horses have if people bought them. Alot of the CDE people and performance people wanted them. I'm not sure where they bought there boots from but I know alot said they used polo wraps.

From being in the big horse world for a long, long time, I know that wrapping legs is an art. If it is not done just so a lot of problems arise.

I am just guessing, but I would imagine that properly wrapping the leg of a mini would be even more difficult. If you have a wrap that is too tight or too loose,it can cause a lot of problems. I personally would discount polo wraps.

I want some type of boot that will support the suspensory tendon and then would be even pressure from top to the bottom of the boot.

Sure hope someone (manufacturer) reads the comments and gets an idea to try to make the boots

Latest posts

Back