People, People they ain't cheap ponies..

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crossbuck Farms

Reaction score
I get another lookie-lu who want a cheap pony show up on my door step. He want's a mini for his 11 year old to ride. I told him nicely none were sale and she needs a large pony or small horse.

now see i would have taken them on a farm tour and show them all the miniatures well and ponies since i have both. Sometimes those people that just want a cheap pony change their mind when they see some quality horses! but i do agree for an 11 yr old they definately need something much bigger

Crossbuck Farms said:
I get another lookie-lu who want a cheap pony show up on my door step. He want's a mini for his 11 year old to ride. I told him nicely none were sale and she needs a large pony or small horse.
526186[/snapback]

I see in your signature line that it says, "PARTY PONIES and FARM FRIENDS fully insured serving all of Western, PA. Pony rides and USDA approved petting zoo." Perhaps that is why he inquired of you. Did you refer him to someone who might have what he is looking for?

Crossbuck Farms said:
526186[/snapback]

When I was the farm manager for Party Ponies and Farm Friends Inc. in WA we had this all the time.....it is a great opportunity to gain new clients.....I would go out of my way to show them around and introduce them to some of the critters.....then tell them about our services such as parties and riding lessons.....we landed some top notch clients from people who were looking for "just a cheap pony"
wink.gif

We don't advertise our location. So I doubt they knew who I was. We used to do lessons but my party pony biz took over.
laugh.gif

Well,

You could always tell them a nice Icelandic will work for their 11 year old and after looking at those prices......

Ya.. but I do hear you. I end up getting people like that even with the adult ponies. (Icelandic's and Fjords)

Added: I know of a cheap icelandic for sale for $6,800.00
wink.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
We had one come look today for her husband, and she took four home with her.

She wanted cheap but didn't get it.

Latest posts

Back