Overgrown mini

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AppyLover2

Reaction score
I have a sweet, sweet mini who has outgrown his papers so thought I'd ask if anyone has any information on registering with another association. Bambino definitely qualifies for POA registration; however looking at their site there is no information about "hardship" registration (if that's what it would be).

Any advice or information would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!!

Unfortunately you just have a wonderful horse that has outgrown his papers. So he is unregistered. I am sorry to bring the dissapointing news.

Not sure but I think you can do either the american pony or the national pony. I know AMHR has these 2 and I registered one of mine this.(Haven't got the papers back yet) One parent has to registered R to get into this registry. I do think it is ok if both are registered. Give them a call, they will clarify which one. I do know I had to DNA this filly to her father in order to get her in. She is about 35-36 as a yearling.

I do know one of these registries is for shetlands but for the life of me I can figure which is which.

Traci

I don't think POA's hardship anymore. I do know that they have a 46 inch height minimum.

Your horse would be eligible for the National Show Pony Registry through the ASPC/AMHR. One parent would need to be DNA tested and your horse would also have to be DNA tested. The forms are available on the ASPC website at www.shetlandminiature.com

I find it rather ironic, that the AMHR would require DNA, for an AMHR/AMHR oversized horse to join a registry in which no breeding is accepted...yet NOT require it for regular AMHR registration.

Kinda silly IMHO.
default_rolleyes.gif
:
default_rolleyes.gif
: :lol:

Back