Ok,I know its way early to ask,but thought I would.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T.C. Miniature Horse Farm

Reaction score
Hey,everyone! Ya'll do such a great job answering questions, well I am going to go ahead and order a bunch of clipping blades, as I know we are going to need them next year's show season. My questions are what size blades, and how long before the show would ya'll clip the following?

1. M+M will be a yearling next year, to be shown Open,Ammy Halter, and then Multi-Color,he is a greyish color colt,with a white appy blanket,and brown spots?

2.Emma she will be a yearling next year,and planning on showing her in Open/Ammy Halter, and Solid color, she is a sorrel, and has a blaze down her face.

3.Dallas,he will be 4 next year, and will be shown a little in Ammy Halter,possibly 1-2 shows in Open Halter, but my main concern for him is for Jumping/Hunter classes, as well as I want to try him out with Showmanship with me!! He is a grey, that clips out solid white.

4. Firefly,will be 3 next year, and will be shown a little in Halter,but mainly in Solid color, and maybe a Jumping class or two. He is a dark bay,with blue eyes,2 white socks,and a stripe and snip.

5. Buzz, he will be my mom's show horse, and she plans on taking him into the PMC classes for Showmanship,and Halter, he is a light bay(almost buckskin) and will be 3yrs old next year.

Also for the following horses,would you try to bald any of them,or just clip really close? I am not a huge fan of balding,but am seeing it in the show ring an AWFUL lot! Let us know your thoughts!

I can't wait till next show season, I will have a trailer load to take to some shows! Planning on 2 "local" shows,and the Area 5 show if it is in Tunica(LIKE I AM HEARING YIPPIE,LOL!) and might step my toes out into Nationals in 07', but will have to wait and see about that!!!
default_yes.gif
:

Well can't wait to hear from you guys!! THANKS!!! :aktion033:

If you dont like the balding dont do it, its as simple as that.

For solid color horses I clip them in a 15, pintos 10. I also have a 40 and 50 blade for other work.

I clip typically no more then 2 days before a show.

Latest posts

Back