Ok another Moxie brag!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anoki

Reaction score
I just finished Moxie's 2nd Level Obedience Class tonight! Our second last class was this past Saturday, where we did a test run for our final day test!! Well we blew it that day!!!
default_rolleyes.gif
: Out of a possible score of 140 points, Moxie ended up with a 79.5!!!!! :new_shocked: (you need 110 to pass!!) I was sooooo upset, coz I have been working my butt off with her....not overdoing it at all (she is not a dog that you can overwork, or she'll quit on you!!!), but just working steady with her. And we had been doing really well. She wouldn't stay when I put her in a stay (for recall, sit/stay, or down/stay). She grabbed the leash and started playing during the figure 8 (something I accidentally taught her when I needed to get her hyped up when we were in Kentucky...as soon as she did it, I knew I was going to regret that!). She would not look at me....and the list goes on and on!!! lol

Well tonight we ended up getting a 132.5 out of 140 :bgrin :aktion033: !!! Needless to say my instructor was a bit shocked!!! lol He was a bit worried after Saturday's little show!!! And she got the highest mark in the class!!!! :aktion033: Maybe I can train her for this obedience stuff!!!
default_wink.png
:

~kathryn

Well that's just wonderful!!! You know you have to be very proud of that accomplishment ...especially since if I remember correctly Moxie is still a puppy? Oh do I know good days and bad days!! Lakota and I are doing competition obedience (and rally on a different night) and last week she just shut down on me...I think the heat got to her. The huge indoor altho it's air conditioned and has big ceiling fans was not cooling off enough and she was just so tired looking. I took her out of the class and we sat ringside and watched the rest of it...she layed down and slept.

We also had a test a couple of weeks ago and Lakota scored a 134 on it. I was so thrilled. She was "ON" that night. Sometimes you just never know when they're not gonna work for you. She lost points for lagging at the beginning of the heel on leash, a wide turn, and sniffing for some morsels that were on the ground on the heel off leash...LOL. :lol: Also for a finish that she did'nt end right at my side...she sat more towards just behind my left shoulder. But during the whole time I have to say she was attentive, and perky after the initial start up. It's just so much fun to work with your dog as a team......they give so much of their little hearts!

I say good job for you and Moxie...keep up the good work.....when will you be doing rally? :bgrin

.....when will you be doing rally
Well....Rally-O (as they call it up here) isn't recognized by the CKC...yet.....It will be in January. But I have a fellow cardi owner who did it at the Specialty in Kentucky, so she's got me into it now too!!! :lol:

Moxie only finishes right, so I have to get that down pat (she still hesitates occasionally) then get her left finish and I will be entering Rally trials when we are at any shows offering them in the States!! I use a lot of their (AKC) signs when I train!!

Thanks so much!!!! Moxie is 14 months old (actually yesterday was our one year 'anniversary'
default_wub.png
: ) so yes, still a puppy, but not puppy puppy, if you know what I mean
default_wink.png
: . I was soooo happy with her after last night's performance!!!! (now if only she'll behave in the conformation ring this weekend
default_wacko.png
: )

~kathryn

Go Moxie! :488: Go Lakota! :488: Ya well Teddy will sit if he knows I have a treat in my hand!! :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
[SIZE=14pt]Kathryn Congratulations! You are doing a great job! If you ever decide to become a handler let me know I have a doxie or two for you to show in Canada![/SIZE]

Lyn

Latest posts

Back