New Format for L'il Beginnings Forum

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

georgiegirl

Reaction score
I am sure there is a very good reason for the "new" format for the forum, I just dont know what it is.

It is very difficult with dial up, rather than some type of fast internet, to look at all the messages.

Maybe there is a way to look at the topics as they used to be. It is not impossible that I am doing something wrong. If so please tell me how to get back the way it "used to be"

Thanks for listening to my concern.
default_rolleyes.gif

I have DSL at my home, but my mother has crappy, crappy dial-up (low speed, noisy line) and a crappier ISP and I still don't have trouble viewing this forum at her house.

Please count my vote for this format. I don't know what it was like before it was like this because it has only been like this since I've been a member and I've been a member since June of 2007 (2 years).

What am I missing? It's looked the same old same old for a year or more (I can't remember, it's looked as it does now for so long). I've been "here" for a lot of years and have seen it change, but not at all recently (at least in the visual sense).

Last edited by a moderator:
It's back to normal for me, but a few weeks back I could only see the original post and then a list of who had replied to it. I had to click each name if I wanted to read their reply rather than a page like it is now where I see the original post and about ten replies.

I'm not sure what happened, but it was like that for about a week and then went back to normal on my computer. I used my sisters computer and it wasn't doing it during that time.

I have visited the forum almost everyday since long before June 2007 (I lurked for a long time before I joined) and the format has never changed for me in that time, ever.

I think you all need to go to "options" and hit Standard. Sometimes you accidentally change it and dont know it
default_smile.png

Looks the same to me too. I've been a member for a very long time as well..and I do remember when some changes were made, but they were for the better. I havent seen any change in the past 2 years or so.

I think you all need to go to "options" and hit Standard. Sometimes you accidentally change it and dont know it
default_smile.png

OK I will bite. Where are the "options" for the computer challenged ???
default_unsure.png

Thanks

On the left hand side of the very first post.

Don't worry. I did the same as you and couldn't figure it out till somebody pointed it out to me.
default_smile.png

There is no "new format"......you must have clicked something by mistake.

Go to the top of this page.....actually the top of this thread where it says:

New Format for L'il Beginnings Forum, my opinion
Across from that is a OPTIONS box. Click it and there is a drop down menu. Under Display Mode click STANDARD and the Forum will show up the way you want it to.

Last edited by a moderator:
On the left hand side of the very first post.
Don't worry. I did the same as you and couldn't figure it out till somebody pointed it out to me.
default_smile.png

Thank you for the answer. I was totally lost (nothing new
default_biggrin.png
) Now I know how to fix it.

I just didnt have time to pull up each and every message individually.

Oh! I know what you're talking about now and it has happened to me. It CAN happen even if you don't do anything to change your controls deliberately. It's changed its format for me a few times over the past year always after I have been googling for something (mini related) and click the google link to go to the thread that has the information I'm after. I think this kind of thing may explain why some people "suddenly" have a different layout when they haven't tried to change any of their settings
default_yes.gif
:yes
default_yes.gif

Jill, I must have done the same thing(google stuff). I just checked it and that week or so that mine was different I was in outline instead of standard. Glad to know now in case I do it again! I just assumed there was a new layout as well until it changed back on me(glad it did).

It's back to normal for me, but a few weeks back I could only see the original post and then a list of who had replied to it. I had to click each name if I wanted to read their reply rather than a page like it is now where I see the original post and about ten replies.
I'm not sure what happened, but it was like that for about a week and then went back to normal on my computer. I used my sisters computer and it wasn't doing it during that time.

A few weeks ago it was different, harder to use for me as well. I think it is something on our own settings that gets messed up. Mine went back to normal, which is the way I like it.
default_smile.png

This has happened to me several times too, when i google something and it takes me to another IP board that is in Lo Fi..when i come back to LB i have to switch it back from Lo Fi to Hi Fi. Some other IP boards show up in Lo Fi and some Hi Fi..it just depends and that will effect how LB looks when i return to this board.

Latest posts

Back