New Dog :)

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jess P

Reaction score
Today we went to pick up a beagle
default_smile.png
She is 6 years old and I think was bred previously. She is very sweet, needs some obedience training (all she knows is sit and she needs to learn to stay in the area).

Okay, just uploaded the pictures. She is always moving so she was hard to photograph.

Beagle2.jpg

Beagle1.jpg

Beagle3.jpg

Beagle4.jpg

Beagle5.jpg

Beagle6.jpg

And can't forget Kasey:

7d70de17.jpg

But I do need some help with finding a name. I hate human names for animals.

Thanks!

I forgot to add that they called her Beagle before, so definently a new name is needed.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love beagles ...here are some names i'd like.

Tiny

Foxy

Macy

I have a thing for names ending in Y :lol:

I'm sure she will be spoiled and loved, we need pics.

And her old name deff has to go, i agree! :lol:

I redid my computer so I am reinstalling my camera software now. She is hard to photograph because she won't stand still.

She will be loved very much. I was shocked when my mom said yes. She is "for my stepdad" because he used to have one as a kid but you know who is going to be caring for her ;)

She already tried to escape. We had her in Diego's paddock which is pretty much sealed off except for the gates, and she wanted to get out of there. As part of her training she had to be reprimanded for that. Shes a quick learner so I have faith.

awwww so cute
default_wub.png
: congrats on your new pet

i;m to good with doggy names i think she looks like a Alice or a Rose oh wait i know Vanessa call her Vanessa lol just joking :lol:

-Vanessa

Thank you!

She is a bit overweight. She is 13" and was registered but we didn't get the papers. We got her for cheap money from someone in Upper NH. I'm happy with her. She is a sweetie.

[SIZE=14pt]Congratulations on giving her a new home and good luck keeping her in a designated area without a fence. Beagles LOVE to roam and look for rabbits. We have has three but they had people names, sorry. Cindy, Susie, and Brownie( I know not orriginal) lol. They were always disapearing from the pen..... not sure how but make sure she wears a tag with your name and phone # on it just in case. She may like to be called Twister.[/SIZE]

Lyn

Yeah, every site I have been to says they need to be in a fenced area or secured when outside. I am thinking about getting a tie-out steak and a long cable for her to be able to be alone outside.

My other dog stays in the yard no problem.

Okay, I narrowed it down to 7 names

Moxie (ha, I wonder who that is after ;))

Halo

Arrow

Nugget

Jazz

Jinx

Jetta

I need help deciding.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am at a loss for names right now, but every one's right about the i.d. thing. i had a beagle when i was younger. "Ruby" we called her. (you can use that name if you'd like, she looks just like her). anyways, ol' ruby was quite the trouble maker. she WOULD NOT stay in the backyard. she LOVED to escape and run into the neighboring fields. i think she did it just to watch us run after her. she jumped our 6 foot fence several times.
default_rolleyes.gif
: :new_shocked: yes i said six!!! (we didn't beleive it until we saw it) and then we put her in the other side of the yard where the fence was way too tall to jump. she dug her way UNDER it!!!!!!

so we'd hop in the car, and drive up and down every street in down town, come back and of course... she was sitting on the front porch, with that innocent look on her face. :bgrin so we found out that what she was doing was jumping/digging whatever the fence, running accross a huge field, crossing main street, run all over town so that everyone saw her, then come home and try to confuse us. :lol:

definately keep tags on her. she's a real cutie! what a darling face, so sweet. congrats on a special new dog.

Ask her if she likes

Penny

Polly

Moxie or should it be Moxey?

Shes a cutie,I love the picture of her jumping up in front of the door,and she looks really sweet! I like names that end in "y" to. If you wanna see a really overweight beagle,look at ours,shes 40lbs!! Then my dog is a chocolate min pin (miniature pinscher) that weighs around 20lbs!!
default_wacko.png
: They are both overweight,and need to go on a diet really badly.

Her name is Bella but she will not really mind what you call her, she will answer to what ever you decide on- dogs are pretty much like that!!
default_smile.png

I waited for you Jane as I know we both ask them in the same way, but she told me "Chloe".
default_wacko.png
:

Well she was registered as something something baby girl, and the rest of the time she was Beagle. I am not sure I like human names or common other names, so we have it down to Jetta and Moxie.

Latest posts

Back