New appaloosas!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RedTango

Reaction score
So I went to pick up my 2 appaloosas today and came home with one more!Here are some pictures..

Also this new appaloosa mare may be bred? She looks like she is very bred to me and she was exposed to a stud for a while...

Cajun.jpg

Feather.jpg

Cremello Appaloosa mare

Nova.jpg

Palomino app filly, the cremello app is the mother

Apps are great! love them!

Congratulations - a nice little group
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

How old is the third one and is the mare back in foal to the filly's sire?

Anna

The little filly is 2 monthes old!The person I bought them from had a pinto stallion running with the mares..So it may be possible for her to be bred to that pinto stud?

LOL!! Red Tango. I made a mistake and read your post too quickly, thought you meant that you had come home with the mare and foal, and the 'extra' one was the little person in the picture behind the mare and foal! Took me a while to realise you meant that the mare might be in foal LOL!! (I'm a bit punch drunk right now from lack of sleep so I apologise for my 'slowness' - am watching two girls right now, both of whom will probably foal tonight - they are racing side by side up the straight towards the winning post at the moment, but I just hope they dont both foal at exactly the same time in a dead heat LOL!)

Anna

LOL!! Red Tango. I made a mistake and read your post too quickly, thought you meant that you had come home with the mare and foal, and the 'extra' one was the little person in the picture behind the mare and foal! Took me a while to realise you meant that the mare might be in foal LOL!! (I'm a bit punch drunk right now from lack of sleep so I apologise for my 'slowness' - am watching two girls right now, both of whom will probably foal tonight - they are racing side by side up the straight towards the winning post at the moment, but I just hope they dont both foal at exactly the same time in a dead heat LOL!)

Anna

hahahaha! no worries! Good luck with your mares!

Thanks - one foaled a big bouncing black and white pinto colt at a few minutes past midnight (UK time) but the other one has back pedaled and decided to make us sit up a couple more nights before letting us seen what she has hidden in there. Am cross with her (not really!) because after 4 weeks of this the words BED and SLEEP pop out of my mouth everytime I open it to speak LOL!!

Anna

Congrats on your newest purchases! Nice mare and filly. I don't see cremello, though. The mare looks gray to me? With white markings? Maybe varnish and black based. And I think the filly is either gray or silver. She doesn't look to carry cream to me. Does she have a blanket? Looks like I can see spots on her rear.

I'm thinking along the same line as Becky... Congratulations no matter their color, though!!

CONGRATULATIONS!! I just love appaloosas!

As for the mare being cremello-she actually can't be and that is because she has black skin around her muzzle. I bet she is a silver black varnish, depending on the color of the sire of the filly. The filly looks like a silver bay appy so the silver had to come from somewhere! Any color, they are beautiful
default_smile.png

Congrats on your newest purchases! Nice mare and filly. I don't see cremello, though. The mare looks gray to me? With white markings? Maybe varnish and black based. And I think the filly is either gray or silver. She doesn't look to carry cream to me. Does she have a blanket? Looks like I can see spots on her rear.

I see how she looks grey in that picture! But when you look at her head you will see a very very very light palomino coloring..same with her whole body! she is solid horse with white spots on her butt, she is so light though she can look white!I'll have to clean her up and get some close photos to see if we can figure out this color!

As for the filly- the sire is YP Branch Star Of Africa I believe he is a chestnut.. She does have white spots all over her butt and it looks like its moving up her back! She has some white going up her legs as well..

So it says Cremello on the mommas registration papers.. Should I change this after we figure out the color?

:D

aktion033.gif
congrats

the mare and filly are cute.

i think the filly needs to come here
yes.gif

the mare looks gray to me as well. i own a cremello mare she wouldn't have black skin i wouldn't think

Congratulations on your new appaloosas!! I'm a lover of appys, too, and I used to raise big appys before changing to mini's.
default_smile.png

Pam

So it says Cremello on the mommas registration papers.. Should I change this after we figure out the color?
I would test the mare for Red factor, agouti, silver, cream and gray. I think that would answer what color she really is. BTW, I LOVE Star Of Africa! Good for you on getting a filly by him, no less!

haha
default_smile.png
I think the little filly will stay here for a long time! Appaloosas arnt to common in Louisiana :p

I think thats a good idea! never got any horses tested for color but now is a great time to try! haha thanks
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back