NEVER buy a toshiba

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Krickette

Reaction score
They're so bad!

2 of my friends and i all got toshiba satellites and they suck

out of those 3, 2 have had multiple melt downs, 1 has a busted speaker (and i use external speakers, so it's not my fault), all 3's keyboards are breaking, 1's screen is dying, 1's mouse broke, the list goes on.

I hate them.

I will never buy another toshiba product again.

The best laptop I've ever played with was an HP.

[SIZE=14pt]i think it is a coin toss really...my lap top is a HP and is less then a year old and has been sent back twice already and tomorrow i am bringing it to be fixed locally, when i sent it back the last time it was gone for over a month...faulty hidge and screen broke off...then the hard drive and you can't seem to talk to anyone one in the US...my son has a HP also and his screen just stopped working after he had it a month...ugh...[/SIZE]

I've bought six or so Toshiba Satellites for myself over the years, and a dozen if you count the ones for my employees and business partner. I can't say they've been any more problematic than any other brand. And, my strategy for selecting them is not to go for the best they have either. I look at Circuit City, pick the cheapest Toshiba Satellite, buy the 3yr warranty from Toshiba, and figure I or my employee's got a working computer for the next three years. That's worked well for me so far!!! I think they really give a good value and when they do need repair, I just take them or ship them to Richards Computer and they fix it and ship it back to me quickly.

We had Toshiba laptops for years for work. Hundreds of employees had them. Tons of problems with them. I was so thankful when my Toshiba was replaced in January with an IBM laptop. Love it!!

I have a current Toshiba laptop and will be buying another one to replace it this week. I get it directly from the Toshiba website. I use it mainly as a desktop replacement so I don't usually travel with it. It's got a 17 inch monitor so it weighs a ton and hurts my shoulder to carry it in the case anyway.

This one is 3 or 4 years old and has been great-- except the harddrive failed once and was replaced and the machine now runs hot and/or can't handle the programs I want to run together.

Had an HP at work and hated it. They use Dells at work and I'm not impressed with Dell. But honestly haven't used anything but low-end units.

For my new one I'm gettting the extended on-site warranty and have two external back up harddrives so will take advantage of that.

Oh, just another thing that might help others -- I use Carbonite.com to back up the computers. I haven't had to recover anything from it yet but I like not having to remember to back things up and it backs up EVERYTHING online. You need a high speed connection to use it, though. I think it was only $50/year. Well worth it if you are lazy and forgetful, like me!

Sorry to hear that. Even with me using the Consumer reports... I just think most tech stuff now a days is not well made.

With hubby in the business the testing side of things..not the selling of...lets just say many of the tech one buys at new prices..might not be new at all!

I bought a Dell XPS1710 with the money I got from the sale of my fjord. Bought it because it was one of the only laptops at the time that can handle gaming, movies and all that..has a wonderful screen.

But the computer had so many problems..that even my computer pro hubby said send it back. They wanted to send us a refurbished one but hubby said NO and since he can check...took a bit but the sent us a new one..and so far no problems.

Our old TV bit the dust after 10 years, so I looked into getting another Tube one..since we did not have the money to get a fancy TV.

Checked into consumer reports and bought an Toshiba. At first we were happy but then a thunder storm came and DS knows to unplug everything. I did not know at the time that he did not turn it off first. When the storm was over and we plugged it back in..everything came up black and white. Like oh joy..
default_rolleyes.gif
:

Called Toshiba and basically was told tough.....you know what.

Had another thunder storm and DS unplugged everything but this time the TV was off first. When we plugged it back in it was back to working fine. Guess that model is just temperamental about how you turn it off.

Then my Cannon scanner... did you know if you buy a Cannon scanner from one of their Venders..they will not honor their warrenty? I found out the hard way..bought a scanner..which I thought was new..but it would not scan clean. Found out they send the returns or refirbs to their Venders!! Hubby fought with them..and the Vender and finally got one that worked. Will never buy anything from cannon again. :no:

Lets just say I am less than happy with the Tech stuff I have bought lately.

Hope you can return your toshiba items.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love my Toshiba laptop. I'm a VERY, VERY demanding user (ridiculously and excessively, probably more demanding than any other line of work in terms of CPU usage) and it's performed well in every situation I've thrown at it.

I've heard bad things about Canon USA (note the correct spelling of Canon) but Canon Canada is wonderful.

Latest posts

Back