Need quick answer about transport

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Little Wee Horse Farm

Reaction score
Has anyone ever heard of a transport company wanting heights & weights of minis before they'll give a quote on transport cost? Seems a bit weird to me..But then there's a lot in the world that I don't know.......Please answer ASAP. Thanks so much! -

I have been asked that on a trip for a mini to Costa Rica, but that's the only time.

Joyce L

I have used a couple of transport companies and have never been asked those questions.

Pam

I haven't transported any, but I can see how it would make a difference. I have a mini who is 38 and close to 400 lbs. As opposed to my 29 inch stallion who is about 125 lbs. Also, if they are hauling other horses maybe they by law have to stay at a certain weight. Good luck!

Whoa.........I just solved my own mystery. The buyers are talking about FLYING the horses home. There's a new one for me! That would be the height/weight thing. Had me worried for a minute there. Thanks for your answers tho.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back