My appliances are revolting

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dixie_belle

Reaction score
Recently both my toaster and my coffee machine gave up the ghost. Yesterday I couldn't get the light on the over-the-range microwave to turn off. I casually mentioned that I expected the microwave to give problems soon. Well, it must have heard me, because not twenty minutes later it started beeping and turning on and off all by itself. What? We did an emergency microwave removal, and it sits now, in pieces, very sadly all over the kitchen counter tops. Hubby is sure he can order a new controller and get it up and running again. Sure he can....right after he fixes the truck that was twisted in our roll over accident.......over a year ago. Um......I don't know about you guys, but I use my microwave every dang day. I can't wait for a part to arrive and then for him to try to remember how to put it back together. Sigh. Not to mention that I would love to have some countertop to work on. Oh well, these are the things that make life interesting.

I did do a little research and while the model I had isn't around anymore, I can get something similar for about $200. Of course, it is possible to spend a ton more, but all it has to do is reheat things and melt butter. OK, so probably popping some popcorn might be a good thing, also. And it needs to have a light because otherwise I can't see the cooktop. And a vent would be nice as the kitchen doesn't have one. Oops, here I am adding more options. We'll see what happens. (keep your fingers crossed that we'll go out today and get a new one)

My microwave is on my counter.Like you I only use it to heat food and or melt butter.When it dies I go to Target or Walmart and get a new 1 for less than $75 and off we go.It is convenient on the counter I do not like having to use 1 overhead especially over a hot stove.

appliances talk to eachother and always go in groups of three. LOL.

I never buy microwave ovens used or repair them. Always buy new. We almost never buy anything new at our home, we are auction folks and appliances go cheap at auction.

You can get a decent microwave for under a hundred dollars.

Well, we are home now. Left at 9:00am - got home at 3:00pm. Drove for an hour to the nearest town of any size (Owensboro, KY) and went to five stores. Yes, that's right folks, FIVE different stores. Sigh. We have to have an over the range microwave as that is what was here when we bought the house. If we don't put another one in that slot, it'll really look funny. So here all I want is a basic microwave - I'd like one with a light under it so I won't be using my cooktop on the dark, a kitchen timer because I use that all the time, and the ability to melt butter, slowly. Oh, and it's gotta be black because everything else in the kitchen is black. You would think I was asking for a trip to the moon. Honestly. Only one store had any in stock. Everyone else had to order something and it would take up to ten days to arrive (gotta love rural living). I finally found a store with two black microwaves, neither of which I was in love with, but I left the store with one in my car. I wasn't going to order one, be without one for ten days and have to drive back for an hour to pick it up.

Now comes the fun part. Installation. Be still my heart.

Back