Luck of the Irish

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shadowsmystictopaz

Reaction score
I need some luck from some Irish people. My mare is overdue and hasnt foaled yet. I havent found my dream appaloosa so I am going crazy at this point. Plz send some of your luck to me and I will do my best to send luck back. Thanks in advance.

I'm not sure I've got much luck to spare, but thinking good thoughts for you and your mare!

shamrock3.gif

Top O' the Mornin' to ya! Like another said not a whole lot of luck around here right now but I send my hope and prayers for a safe delivery for your mare.

Got some Irish in me, so I'll send some luck your way! Keep us updated!
default_biggrin.png

Thanks so much everyone. Jill you cracked me up whhat you said was so funny. I definitly feel more lucky today. I wanted to thank magic for sending me a mesage about her filly and i wanted to thank her for everyones help.

I am Irish but, I don't think you want my luck. I fed my 14 yr old yorkie some chicken chunks and she choked. I tried to clear the choke and pushed it into her lungs. I took her to the vet and they just wanted to watch her for the weekend to the tune of $600 and not give her any meds. I declined and took her home after they charged me $120 to walk in the door (no meds, no treatment). By the next day she had fluid in her lungs. I am now giving her shots of antibiotic and making her as comfortable as possible. No, I don't think you want my luck. But I will keep you and your mare in my prayers.

Ugh so sorry for your dog. Things are getting tricky here. i need extra eyes on amy my mare http://marestare.com/diamondw.php my mom leaves for a doctos opintment and i will be all alone at the house. my next door neigbors both work alot so I might not have the help i need if she goes into labor. Keep thinking of luck for me because I sure need it.

I'm watching! She's a pretty mare.
default_yes.gif

okay i live in IRELAND

so heres wishing all the luck of the IRISH !!!!! for a healthy filly .........
default_wink.png
default_saludando.gif

default_laugh.png

I am Irish but, I don't think you want my luck. I fed my 14 yr old yorkie some chicken chunks and she choked. I tried to clear the choke and pushed it into her lungs. I took her to the vet and they just wanted to watch her for the weekend to the tune of $600 and not give her any meds. I declined and took her home after they charged me $120 to walk in the door (no meds, no treatment). By the next day she had fluid in her lungs. I am now giving her shots of antibiotic and making her as comfortable as possible. No, I don't think you want my luck. But I will keep you and your mare in my prayers.

Find another vet!

Andrea, is your mare standing in the corner in the sunlight, or out of her stall? I can't see her, just a blindingly bright corner. How is your Mom doing? Hope she's feeling better.

she goes in and out as she pleases. my mom looks alittle better but coughing really bad so its still really painfuul for her. I hope thata my will foal soon but i want my mom to enjoy the baby as well.

Don't want to be "bossy", but if your mare is close enough to be foaling, allowing her to wander out of camera range isn't going to help you at all-- a mare is just as likely to foal outside as in her stall, (maybe even MORE likely) and you'd never know it. Maybe you can see her when she's outside, from the house?

Watching these mare cams is making me antsy for my own mares' foaling, lol!

I know myom insists that she gets her fresh air so she is outside but scomes in now and then. I dont think she will foal outside its nasty anyways. I will be thinking about your filly and when my mom is better i will see what she thinks.

Ok, coming from someone with a bit o' Irish, Scottish and oh, let's throw in Norwegian on the other side for good measure, AND that raises Appaloosas, I am sending you luck for a good foaling with a nice filly and to find your dream Appy too!!

Latest posts

Back